LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

They knew. I think they're holding onto this money as long as they can. 

100% agree that they knew, and have known! Padgett needs to go IMO. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

100% agree that they knew, and have known! Padgett needs to go IMO. 

Sorry for hijacking your Live @HBCcruiser. I just have to paste my comment on the other post when someone asked about the timing being the middle of the night in Italy:

Sounds like they needed the email out by close of business day. That's normal to drop a bad email at the end of the day. Surprised they didn't wait until Friday at close of business of a holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Sorry for hijacking your Live @HBCcruiser. I just have to paste my comment on the other post when someone asked about the timing being the middle of the night in Italy:

Sounds like they needed the email out by close of business day. That's normal to drop a bad email at the end of the day. Surprised they didn't wait until Friday at close of business of a holiday weekend. 

Not hijacking. This is a free flow of ideas. We can get back to the Discovery tomorrow😁. I’m so sad for all of those Sun passengers. I know my DH and I would be in a bad place RN if that were us. Makes my stomach turn. And yeh, your statement above is not far off from truth. 

Edited by HBCcruiser

While Padgett may be ultimately culpable, the delay is a huge issue financially. The contract would have included remedies in the event of delay — usually huge financial penalties. There is a decent chance communication was sparse because attorneys for Princess and the construction company were settling their differences before handing over the keys to a floating mega resort. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Guess I'll be hitting up Ebay for those. Just like the cruise ship ornaments that are IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!! I just don't understand why they can't sell these things online. They'd make bank! 

Here's a link to someone selling a set of cards.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126282234308

Happy Trails 🍸

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Our dining reservations are:

Day 1: Catch (I am excited to try this new restaurant!)
Day 2: Crown Grill
Day 3: 360
Day 4: Sabatini’s

I have not decided whether we should go to Gigi’s for lunch on Day 1 embarkation or hit up the main dining room. What do you think? I do love that orange souffle, but the veal/parmesan-stuffed pasta pockets... 😍 

On our Sea Day we could go to Gigi’s OR they are offering the Crab Shack. Which do you all prefer? Decisions... decisions...

Be warned - they changed the recipe for the veal pasta (at least it is not what we had before) & it is now small pasta pockets with very little filling and a lot of dough - not what they served before which was delicious.  Please try it & hopefully what you get is back to the original recipe.

4 hours ago, BigWaveDave87 said:

Could have bought a set for about $14.00 last month on eBay. 

Happy Trails 🥃

Yeh I’ll wait. I’m not paying $50 for them. Thanks for the info! ☺️

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, happy42cruise said:

Be warned - they changed the recipe for the veal pasta (at least it is not what we had before) & it is now small pasta pockets with very little filling and a lot of dough - not what they served before which was delicious.  Please try it & hopefully what you get is back to the original recipe.

That’s not good news. 😞 Sadly, I’ve seen a lot of cut backs on ship and land-based restaurants over the past two years. 

• Like 1

Doggone it Tiff, we are going to miss each other AGAIN. We're getting on the Discovery on March 31st for a 3-day Coastal-West Coast, (L.A.-Sea Day-Ensanada-L.A.), then staying on for a 10 Total Solar Eclipse Cruise to the Mexican Riviera with Mazatlan being "Ground Zero" for the eclipse @ 1:00.

I know we already mentioned earlier this year, (or at the end of last year), that we're also missing you by 3 weeks for the Sun Princess cruise.

Then again, the way things are going, 1 of those could be the "Inaugural" cruise. (Sorry), couldn't resist.

Have a great cruise.

TTYL,

Joe

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Doggone it Tiff, we are going to miss each other AGAIN. We're getting on the Discovery on March 31st for a 3-day Coastal-West Coast, (L.A.-Sea Day-Ensanada-L.A.), then staying on for a 10 Total Solar Eclipse Cruise to the Mexican Riviera with Mazatlan being "Ground Zero" for the eclipse @ 1:00.

I know we already mentioned earlier this year, (or at the end of last year), that we're also missing you by 3 weeks for the Sun Princess cruise.

Then again, the way things are going, 1 of those could be the "Inaugural" cruise. (Sorry), couldn't resist.

Have a great cruise.

TTYL,

Joe

I think you are avoiding me on purpose. 😜 Kidding. Once I’m retired we should try to coordinate better. You will be on the solar eclipse cruise with my TA who is fantastic and a lot of fun. Enjoy! I’ll have a drink in Crooners for you and Amelia. Glad you are following along! 🥂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Oh say it ain't so! Even the suite breakfast in Sabatini's? 

I can’t imagine that being taken away from the suite menu!  I surely hope it hasn’t been!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Oh say it ain't so! Even the suite breakfast in Sabatini's? 

Whoever even mentioned suite breakfast ?  No change there at all it is the lunch menu that was changed. There is no longer a different menu every day just a few item subtracted or added each dayo. Except when they have pub lunch

Edited by memoak

On 2/13/2024 at 8:39 AM, HBCcruiser said:

1.    Will I get reimbursed for 360? I booked this cruise way before December 1, 2023 and booked 360 via the App. 

2.    How are the perks with the Premier Package? Worth it? 

3.    Have there been many changes in service, food, etc.…since I last sailed with Princess over a year+ ago?

4.    What should my first drink be? THIS is important! 

5.    Where should we eat lunch on embarkation day – Gigi’s or the MDR? 

6.    Will we win a prize?

1. Yes. Just make sure you request it. I went to 360 last month via paid reservation and it was worth every penny. I also ate at the Chef's Table Lumiere and it too was worth the extra cost.

2. I always get Premiere. It's worth it for me as I drink from the high-end of the menu when I cruise. In fact, even with Premier I still pay the upcharge for some drinks (the Caymus Cabernet is worth the extra $2). 

3. I can't help you there. I only started sailing with Princess last October (also on the Discovery Princess). Before that my last sailing was with Princess more than 40 years ago.

4. I go to Bellini's and pick something that looks good.

5. I vote for Gigi's. I went there in October and it was great. I went to the MDR last month and was disappointed.

6. I'm 0 for 2 on prizes, but I know a couple who won more than once. I checked the web page for the odds of winning each prize. They are only dependent on luck and not on how many cruises you've been on or if you've won previously. It's like slot machines in that each spin is independent of the previous spins.  

• Like 2

Hi Joe & Amelia,

don’t know if you remember me -the strawberry blonde ? We cruised with you a couple times way back. Just wanted to say hi. Enjoy your upcoming cruises. 
Julie

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

Well THAT was fun - NOT! My car battery died while I was waiting in the parking lot for E! Kid you not! An hour later AAA replaced my battery and we were on our way. Thank goodness it happened near home and not at work. Now it’s time to relax and get ready for the real fun! 

Its a sunny day here too. Nice!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well THAT was fun - NOT! My car battery died while I was waiting in the parking lot for E! Kid you not! An hour later AAA replaced my battery and we were on our way. Thank goodness it happened near home and not at work. Now it’s time to relax and get ready for the real fun! 

Love your glass half full attitude with your car battery!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Love your comments,can’t wait to hear about the real live ,starting tomorrow from Discovery on your short  cruise.  Sorry about your car battery,but it’s fixed…. Yeah. Cruise mode!🛳️

• Like 2