LIVE * Discovery * 4-day West Coast Getaway

HBCcruiser

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Hmmmm?  We have cruised on Princess extensively over the last 25 years and have probably seen towel animals in our cabin on over half of those sailings.  Not sure why the disparities ..

It's my belief that towel animals appear in Full Suite cabins far more often than in any other cabin category. Doesn't bother me a bit. People pay a premium for suites.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's my belief that towel animals appear in Full Suite cabins far more often than in any other cabin category. Doesn't bother me a bit. People pay a premium for suites.

Well not for this cruise in our suite even though we had our “Towel animals welcome” magnet on our door. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well not for this cruise in our suite even though we had our “Towel animals welcome” magnet on our door. 😂

They needed to list The Twilight Zone on our itinerary.  I feel we sailed into one on some portions of this four night. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

A total of 22 Princess cruises to date. Number of towel animals: 0

Just off the Sky...our 15th (yay--finally Elite) Princess cruise and the FIRST time we had towel animals!!!!

Also, the first time we had our grandkids on Princess (ages 4 and 7)---guessing that had something to do with it. For me, I don't care too much if I get towel animals, but was happy the kids got them. Also, might help convince them to go on Princess (which I prefer) over Carnival. 😁

We had 3 mini-suites...if that makes a difference.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I’m on the Discovery on Saturday morning. I will take a page out of @Thrak’s book and go into it expecting a great vacation on one of Princess’ finest ships. I will have a LIVE and you are welcome to follow along. I enjoyed this Live very much and I appreciate the good and the surprising being shared here. I think sailings can vary tremendously depending on the staff. Even if it’s the same staff as the previous sailing, a healthy learning curve or fatigue can swing customer service to either end of the spectrum. 

Will be following along.  If you could post MDR menus it would be great

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thrak said:

While that might actually be true, that just hasn’t been my experience.  We’ve only been in a full suite 3 times and never got a towel animal in any of those sailings.  We usually book an obstructed window or balcony.  More often than not, we have gotten them in our regular balcony cabins, not even in the premium balcony cabins or mini suites on the rare occasion we book one of those.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 4:09 PM, HBCcruiser said:

Or it is just the Discovery? My TA did tell me that they are switching out one of the higher-up officers (hotel GM perhaps I can't remember) for someone who has a good track record for making sure guests are taken care of. I hope this is the case. I do know that climate, attitude, and customer service starts at the top.  

That’s nice to hear.  I was disappointed in my December short cruise.  Had a Spring Break 7 day scheduled but am cancelling.  I need a break from Discovery after that one.  

Could the fact that these were 'shorties' have something to do with it.

Something tells me that, for whatever the reason, the standard is sometimes less-than.

Our last short cruise was really good!!!   But, we might have been lucky that it was NOT heavily booked.

We are booked for the SUN,  and next year on Enchanted.

I do hope we are not really disappointed!

45 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Could the fact that these were 'shorties' have something to do with it.

Something tells me that, for whatever the reason, the standard is sometimes less-than.

Our last short cruise was really good!!!   But, we might have been lucky that it was NOT heavily booked.

We are booked for the SUN,  and next year on Enchanted.

I do hope we are not really disappointed!

No because in November 2022 I did a 5-day and a 4-day and both were wonderful with great service. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dansgirlie said:

How do you find out about or if there are themes on your cruise? 

On the Princess web-site, on computer, down at the bottom the main page, in the gray area, look under Celebrate with Princess, and click on Themed Cruises...  Themed cruises should be listed there.

• Thanks 1

Hello! I was on the same sailing as you were and have enjoyed reading your review.

I am returning to Ensenada in a few weeks on a Holland America cruise, and was wondering if you could share the information for your tour guide that went to the wineries? We've done the Guadalupe Valley several times, but I would like to try some new places and it sounds like you had a great experience! Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sailawaybellaluna said:

Hello! I was on the same sailing as you were and have enjoyed reading your review.

I am returning to Ensenada in a few weeks on a Holland America cruise, and was wondering if you could share the information for your tour guide that went to the wineries? We've done the Guadalupe Valley several times, but I would like to try some new places and it sounds like you had a great experience! Thank you in advance!

Sure! Please tell him (Jorge) TIffany gave you the referral. He is the best! 

IMG_5601.jpeg

On 2/21/2024 at 10:37 PM, Thrak said:

We have cruised in full suites 5 or 6 times in the last 2+ years and have never seen a towel animal.  Not that it is an issue. Just an observation.