Change Password

travellingnana

I’m trying to change the password on my account. I log in on Princess.com, go to my account, choose my profile, choose account info, and then select the edit my log in info option. I enter my new password, but then I get the dreaded “we are experiencing technical difficulties” message. This has been going on for days. Called Princess. Woman was no help at all. Any ideas for me?

Just my 2 cents worth.... Try changing passwords on the WEBSITE, not the app.  It is a "more direct" window into your profile record than the app.  Think about it...bookings that you make directly on the website are available for viewing right away.  With either of the apps, it is/was common for a day or so delay before you could bring it up.  After a successful password change on the website, you *should* then be able to log into the app using the new credentials.  The 2 sets of credentials are not actually "synced"...but they are "matched", making it easier to remember.  I don't know about everybody else...but I don't want to have to remember a new way to log into *either* for every new cruise (ala a booking number.)

30 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just my 2 cents worth.... Try changing passwords on the WEBSITE, not the app.  It is a "more direct" window into your profile record than the app.  Think about it...bookings that you make directly on the website are available for viewing right away.  With either of the apps, it is/was common for a day or so delay before you could bring it up.  After a successful password change on the website, you *should* then be able to log into the app using the new credentials.  The 2 sets of credentials are not actually "synced"...but they are "matched", making it easier to remember.  I don't know about everybody else...but I don't want to have to remember a new way to log into *either* for every new cruise (ala a booking number.)

Nope - i can't change my password on the website. If I try it says it has sent an email to reset but I never get an email. I called and they said keep trying! I ended up booking my cruise with a TA because I couldn't log in to Princess. This was in December and I still haven't been able to get in. I just use my booking number to access everything. Luckily, I don't cruise often so it's not a big deal to me.

5 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

Nope - i can't change my password on the website. If I try it says it has sent an email to reset but I never get an email. I called and they said keep trying! I ended up booking my cruise with a TA because I couldn't log in to Princess. This was in December and I still haven't been able to get in. I just use my booking number to access everything. Luckily, I don't cruise often so it's not a big deal to me.

Check your spam folder...and are you sure your email is correct in your profile?

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Check your spam folder...and are you sure your email is correct in your profile?

yes I have checked my spam folder and yes my email is correct.  After this cruise I will set up a new account with my husband's email to use in the future. Not a big deal to me. Just thought others might like to know that they are not alone!

54 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just my 2 cents worth.... Try changing passwords on the WEBSITE, not the app.  It is a "more direct" window into your profile record than the app.  

I'm trying to change my website password, not the app one (and they are different, which is ultra confusing!). My current website password is an old one that doesn't even meet their password criteria. But every time I try to change it, I get the "technical difficulties" message. 

@ChiGal1962 @leck57 @Rick&Jeannie@luv2kroooz @jean-lynd

I got it to work. Go to the website to log in. Right under the spot for your password is Need Help. Click on that. It takes you to a new page, and one of the options is to reset your password. They send an email…click the link in that email. Enter your name and your new password. It worked for me. I hope it works for you. I then went to the app and logged in again with my new password and all was fine!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

I got it to work. Go to the website to log in. Right under the spot for your password is Need Help. Click on that. It takes you to a new page, and one of the options is to reset your password. They send an email…click the link in that email. Enter your name and your new password. It worked for me. I hope it works for you. I then went to the app and logged in again with my new password and all was fine!

I'm glad you got it to work! I have done that before and it didn't work but i will try it again.

1 hour ago, travellingnana said:

Thank you @travellingnana! That actually worked for me. 

3 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

I'm glad you got it to work! I have done that before and it didn't work but i will try it again.

I tried it again and it still didn't work. I called Princess and they said they would "open a ticket" for me and I should hear something in 3-5 days. I'm not holding my breath!

12 hours ago, travellingnana said:

You are a wizard! The password I had for the website was as I wanted but the App had a different password that I wanted to change. I followed your directions and just reinput the old website password but it also changed my App password to what I wanted.

Thank you.

• Like 1