Majestic princess TV inputs

Bantha09

Hi everyone! Have a family cruise on the Majestic princess coming up the end of June to Alaska and while I know that there is tons to do, tons to see, and a kids club... There will still be times when all the child (10) wants to do is chill and play Minecraft or something 🤣 my question is do the TV's have HDMI inputs that devices can be hooked up to to view on the big screen? My son has a switch he will be bringing and the big screen means he could play there more and we can join in more easily for a little family Mario kart if the mood strikes.

13 hours ago, Bantha09 said:

Hi everyone! Have a family cruise on the Majestic princess coming up the end of June to Alaska and while I know that there is tons to do, tons to see, and a kids club... There will still be times when all the child (10) wants to do is chill and play Minecraft or something 🤣 my question is do the TV's have HDMI inputs that devices can be hooked up to to view on the big screen? My son has a switch he will be bringing and the big screen means he could play there more and we can join in more easily for a little family Mario kart if the mood strikes.

Yes. Some are just more difficult to reach than others.

We've been able to connect our phones and laptops to TV's on a few ships. Think I've seen where you can still do it on the Majestic. Going to try a Firestick on our next cruise as my wife can only take so much CNBC news. Would be nice to get local news. Have been able to use YouTube TV but you also need to use VPN. As for connecting it, the Royal Class ship Tv's are wall mounted and it's a tight fit to get HDMI cord attached. I bring a long cord that I can leave plugged in so only have to do it once. Your children will have no problem getting their arms behind the TV. When there's a will, there's a way. Do a search on how to connect and access HDMI menu.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Thanks 1

I recall at one time (it's been a while now...) that people had posted the menus/settings had been either disabled or password protected.  I do noy have any first-hand experience regarding this.  There have even been some threads about taking a universal remote and setting it to the brand TV in the cabin.  Of course, if the menu *has* been disabled in some way...that really wouldn't do anything for you.

If you do happen to change any of the settings on your TV, PLEASE remember to change them back for the next passengers in your cabin.  Your steward just might forget to check for something like this...they may not even have that on their "to do" list.

Below are photos from the Majestic and our HDMI set-up.  The hardest part is reaching the HDMI port on the back of the TV.  You access the menu by pressing the button on the bottom of the TV while the TV is on a Live channel.  The TV re-sets to Live TV mode upon turning it off.

20230316_163101.thumb.jpg.20baa236e41241faddf1ea03d0791c02.jpg

20230316_163054.thumb.jpg.543e2ea83ea5b1dc84192457970e56cc.jpg

20230316_163048.thumb.jpg.1284738d764545241889146dddc8bd5b.jpg

20230316_163036.thumb.jpg.caf4065d5dac54a875ca0eecc750244a.jpg

20221121_093128.thumb.jpg.b350121d2d36a64b0002d93bf5baaae2.jpg

20221121_093231.thumb.jpg.9636377d2960e4c253890f82ab565453.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow! Thank you everyone! Especially LA Cruiser for the pictures 😁 we have quite a few HDMI cables already in the house, including a 10 foot so I'll make sure to pack that one. It will definitely save my eyes from trying to split screen on the Switch's display haha 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bantha09 said:

Oh wow! Thank you everyone! Especially LA Cruiser for the pictures 😁 we have quite a few HDMI cables already in the house, including a 10 foot so I'll make sure to pack that one. It will definitely save my eyes from trying to split screen on the Switch's display haha 

Welcome to Cruise Critic!  Enjoy your cruise!  🙂

2 hours ago, Bantha09 said:

I totally missed that you are new to CC (posting-wise, anyways...)  Welcome, as @LACruiser88 has already said!