2-15-24 Thursday Weigh-In --- Well Did You--Lose The First Two Weeks Of February?

Belle

Did you have a good week

No Valentine's Candy treat

Salads and veggies

Less meat

More meat

Less carbs

Counting calories

Or just eating less

So many ways we can lose weight

Did we all lose this this week

Hoping we all did

• Like 1

Obviously my scale hates me.   Overall I’ve been maintaining a lo calorie and salt intake.  Im up .2  of a lb  VERY DISCOURAGING.   Also my walking tolerance is down to a mile - my lower back  starts aching and burning.  Oh the joys of getting old

• Like 2

Good afternoon everyone!!!  I did weigh myself this morning and I am down 1.8#  I am very happy ... 

I saw my oncologist 2 weeks ago and talked to her about my kids saying that they believe I have alzheimer's as I have been repeating myself and asking the same questions over again.  The doctor decided to take me off the anti-estrogen for a few weeks as it is known for causing dementia symptoms.  I can now remember why I went upstairs and I know where I left my glasses, etc.  They are changing the prescription to something else.  Hopefully that one works well.

I didn't answer questions from last week - On Sunday my daughter leaves for a 5 day cruise with her DH and without kids ... We will have the kids.  Then on the 29th we leave for Nola for a few nights and then on a Western Caribbean (Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Harvest Caye on NCL with our son, his DH and his mother-in-law.  Looking forward to it - they are a lot of fun to go cruising with!

Hope everyone has a good day.  Izena ... hopefully you will have a better loss next week.  Jan 

• Like 1

Hello faithful two, glad to see you. Missing the others who were coming in to weigh.

Izena I'm sorry your scale is being a B**** when your being good. Sorry about your back.

YES, getting older is not the "Golden Years" like they say. t's the "Rust Years'!🙁😄

Jan Nice loss before your cruise. Good luck babysitting. Sounds like a good cruise with family

and a few nights ahead in Nola.

That's the problem with meds, they help but some have so many side effects. Glad going to change meds and your back to remembering things. Bet it was scary.

Happy to say the weight loss of last week stayed off and I lost another pound.

Also booked another cruise to add to these b2b's I'm taking. Got offer Tues, booked, deal I couldn't

pass up since I was already on the ship. Quess what I haven't done a thing to get ready.. Why,

I don't know. somehow, I shut down my--Get off my A** and get busy button.

So now 6 days to get me and clothes ready, the house in order and one day I have to out and suppose to rain every day.  I know I shouldn't whine, I'm blessed in getting these cruises. And being

able to take them.

Wishing you a good weekend

• Like 2

Afternoon All, some Good Evening.

How's everyone doing?  Holiday Weekend/ Any plans?

I'm just trying not to stress eat. weather doesn't help. Want sun.

Are we all going to get sum on our cruises. Know we're counting on it.

Drink water and eat less this weekend---make that our job--WE CAN DO IT😊

• Like 2

Hello all,

I was up 1 lb this week. I've been craving "comfort foods", so I need to get back to healthier eating tomorrow. At least I only ate 3 of my 5 chicken tenders, half of the baked potato, and a few bites of the slaw, for dinner today 🙄 I definitely need to up my water intake!

I have been walking in the gym before work this week, and so far my legs are doing ok with it. Regular doctor appt next week...she will be happy with me I think 😁

I keep looking at Fall 2025 cruises for our 50th anniversary, but just haven't found the right one at the right price! 

Have a great weekend everyone...we had a beautiful week with temps in the 50's, but it's sleeting and snowing now. But spring is on the way!

Terri

• Like 1

Hi Terri, sorry your up, you'll get it off. Your eating less, that's a start.

Don't know how you and others can live in snow. That's from a Calif gal who just visit 

snow for a few days and then leaves.😊

It's so true. winter and comfort food go together. Especially if cold, rainy. or snow.

Know you lost weight and you'll doc will be happy. Hope you find the right cruise for your 50th.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday. 

• Like 1

Terri I know how comfort foods are - for me it’s a candy addiction once I start I can’t stop.  A lb isn’t bad maybe just just your scale’s taunting you lol. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:33 AM, Izena said:

Terri I know how comfort foods are - for me it’s a candy addiction once I start I can’t stop.  A lb isn’t bad maybe just just your scale’s taunting you lol. 

The scale can play games.  I have dramatically changed my diet.  No more candy (I too have a candy addiction), in fact unless it is fresh fruit, no more sweets.  All food has to be fresh (no cans, frozen food or pre-packaged foods).  I make exceptions for keto yogurt, keto bread (very occasional whole grain bread).  Water, water, water.  Started this in September and have evolved into  an intermittent schedule.  The scale says I am down 5 pounds.  But my clothes are saying I have lost much more.   I’m just gonna keep doing what I am doing.   Consistency can play a valuable role.

• Like 1

Hopeful you right consistency and Los of water are essential.  Glad keto works for it didn’t  work for me.  I have a very slow metabolism so staying under 1000  calories works for me