ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME MOMENTS

saw this on the rssc site any idea what they are doing? 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® inspires life's most meaningful moments through its extraordinary journeys and personalised service, leaving indelible marks on the lives of guests — the same way the Aston Martin Aramco Formula One® Team brings exhilarating joy to their fans worldwide. Our collaboration exemplifies our mutual commitment to delivering truly singular experiences. Together, we embark on a new quest to celebrate Once-in-a-lifetime Moments on land and sea.

4 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

saw this on the rssc site any idea what they are doing? 

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® inspires life's most meaningful moments through its extraordinary journeys and personalised service, leaving indelible marks on the lives of guests — the same way the Aston Martin Aramco Formula One® Team brings exhilarating joy to their fans worldwide. Our collaboration exemplifies our mutual commitment to delivering truly singular experiences. Together, we embark on a new quest to celebrate Once-in-a-lifetime Moments on land and sea.

Here is an example...

We are thrilled to announce a very special partnership with the Aston Martin Aramco Formula One® Team. As the team’s first official Global Cruise Line Partner, Regent and the Aston Martin Aramco Formula One® Team will collaborate to create exclusive experiences, including special shore excursions and Spotlight Voyages, which will immerse F1 fans and luxury cruisers into the worlds of ultra-luxury cruising and high-performance motor racing. This is an incredible opportunity for you to tap into a new audience of clients looking for once-in-a-lifetime moments with Regent as we launch these exclusive experiences soon.

21 hours ago, Jane Mitchell said:

Maybe designed to appeal more to the European market. Formula 1 is a big thing here. 

24 races worldwide from USA to Australia. Only 9 in Europe. Lots of opportunities to tie in with cruise itineraries

• Like 1

I think it was Windstar, but I could be wrong, that used to have a cruise that let you go to the Monaco Grand Prix.  We never did that, but when we cruised SE Asia and disembarked in Shanghai, I’d already booked a hotel for 2 nights when my DH found out that the Shanghai Grand Prix was on at the same time.  He bought his ticket online before we left the UK, and took the tube to the circuit, while I went to a calligraphy class and a cooking class by taxi.  We both had a great time.

So far i haven't mentioned the Aston Martin connection.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SellaVee said:

I think it was Windstar, but I could be wrong, that used to have a cruise that let you go to the Monaco Grand Prix.  We never did that, but when we cruised SE Asia and disembarked in Shanghai, I’d already booked a hotel for 2 nights when my DH found out that the Shanghai Grand Prix was on at the same time.  He bought his ticket online before we left the UK, and took the tube to the circuit, while I went to a calligraphy class and a cooking class by taxi.  We both had a great time.

So far i haven't mentioned the Aston Martin connection.

I think it is Windstar. Their Dir. of Marketing lives there and is married to a senior Regent staff member.

I know that Star Clippers had a cruise that linked with the Ryder Cup in Italy last year (I wasn't on it).  But I think these tie-ins make a lot of sense.  I'd certainly look at combining a cruise with a major sporting event if something came up that fitted my interests.

42 minutes ago, Jane Mitchell said:

I know that Star Clippers had a cruise that linked with the Ryder Cup in Italy last year (I wasn't on it).  But I think these tie-ins make a lot of sense.  I'd certainly look at combining a cruise with a major sporting event if something came up that fitted my interests.

What happens when the cruise doesn’t make it to major sporting event?   I can only imagine those discussions on this site! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

What happens when the cruise doesn’t make it to major sporting event?   I can only imagine those discussions on this site! 

Or if there's a 65-or-under age limit that's not disclosed in bold type.  😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jane Mitchell said:

The Royal Liverpool hosted the British Open last year and it's very easy to get to the course from The Pier Head.  The river is tidal, but otherwise I don't think there would be a problem, apart from the event being a sell out months in advance.

Pre-Covid and pre-company failure, Crystal also visited Monte Carlo during the Grand Prix, and offered at least 2 different levels of extra cost excursions that included the tickets.  Or you could DIY.  I don't know if "new" Crystal is doing anything similar.

Edited by SusieQft

Since schedule through early 2026 already published, I wonder if there will be schedule changes (as there were with immersive sailings) that will affect already booked cruises.

Navigator 25 May 25 is one cruise I notice could be modified to be at Monaco Gran Prix and it is waitlisted.

Edited by mrlevin

3 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Since schedule through early 2026 already published, I wonder if there will be schedule changes (as there were with immersive sailings) that will affect already booked cruises.

Navigator 25 May 25 is one cruise I notice could be modified to be at Monaco Gran Prix and it is waitlisted.

It won't be limited to racing...

Just now, Pcardad said:

It won't be limited to racing...

I understand; I just wonder about changes to already existing itineraries.  By the way, any further word on sale of Voyager?

1 minute ago, mrlevin said:

I understand; I just wonder about changes to already existing itineraries.  By the way, any further word on sale of Voyager?

I have no knowledge of that - nor have I posted about it. I could ask but I know Voyager has a drydock scheduled (17 days I think) late next year.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

I have no knowledge of that - nor have I posted about it. I could ask but I know Voyager has a drydock scheduled (17 days I think) late next year.

But you did post about it, on 27 December 2023 in Voyager after 20 March 2026 thread.

44 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

But you did post about it, on 27 December 2023 in Voyager after 20 March 2026 thread.

I see that...but I don't see what the context was as I neglected to quote a particular post. I do know that there have been recent discussions about moving future WC's to the Explorer. I do know that both Mariner and Voyager have drydocks coming next year and that Mariner's was going to be "special". I also know that the next ship will be a new class of ship with a slightly different purpose. 

26 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I see that...but I don't see what the context was as I neglected to quote a particular post. I do know that there have been recent discussions about moving future WC's to the Explorer. I do know that both Mariner and Voyager have drydocks coming next year and that Mariner's was going to be "special". I also know that the next ship will be a new class of ship with a slightly different purpose. 

Are you suggesting an explorer ship that can actually land in Antarctica?