Flights by Celebrity question (East Coast USA to Bali)

zitsky

We are looking for business class flights RDU-DPS (December 2024) and return SIN-RDU (January 2025).  There seem to be good prices now, average maybe $4500 per person, round trip.  I've already done a lot of research.  I thought about using Flights by Celebrity as our TA doesn't do flights.

One thing I'd really like to avoid is having to re-check bags anywhere along the way.  We usually carry too much, and for each of us, it's one carryon and one checked bag plus a backpack or briefcase.  If you book flights through Celebrity will your bags be checked all the way, even if on different airlines or airline partners?  I can see most flights seem to go through the same network.

Are they pretty good about getting you on the next flight if you make a connection?  I'm looking at one flight on United that has only a 1 hour connection in Singapore to Bali.  I'm not even sure that's possible.  So we may look at a different airline.

Thanks for any advice. 

EDIT:  It looks like prices from Celebrity aren't that great.  I know it's early, but I'm seeing quotes almost twice what some airlines are charging.

Edited by zitsky

Your questions about Flights by Celebrity shows a misunderstanding of the service. They are just a booking agency, they have no control of the flights. Any flights you see when you use the online service or speak to an agent you can go to the airlines in question, duplicate the same flights, and then call the airlines and ask your questions directly. If you can't duplicate the flights yourself from the initial airline, in other words if Celebrity show a flight originating with A Airline and then connecting with B AIrline, and you go to A  Airline's own website and you cannot find a flight that connects to B Airline within A Airline's website, that means Air by Celebrity is just putting together independent flights and there will be no way for luggage to be checked all the way through, since the Airline A and Airline B do not code share. 

Flights By Celebrity doesn't do their own charters;they're just putting together flights to reach your destination. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Your questions about Flights by Celebrity shows a misunderstanding of the service. They are just a booking agency, they have no control of the flights. Any flights you see when you use the online service or speak to an agent you can go to the airlines in question, duplicate the same flights, and then call the airlines and ask your questions directly. If you can't duplicate the flights yourself from the initial airline, in other words if Celebrity show a flight originating with A Airline and then connecting with B AIrline, and you go to A  Airline's own website and you cannot find a flight that connects to B Airline within A Airline's website, that means Air by Celebrity is just putting together independent flights and there will be no way for luggage to be checked all the way through, since the Airline A and Airline B do not code share. 

Flights By Celebrity doesn't do their own charters;they're just putting together flights to reach your destination. 

So I was looking at your itinerary and I looked at United Air connecting in Asia through various codeshare airlines to Bali. So If there was an itinerary on Flights by Celebrity that you can duplicate on United's website I would just call United and ask about how farthrough can you check baggage.

If the combination of flights on a itinerary from Flights by Celebrity don't show up on the airline's own website you can be sure you won't be able to check any bags through to your final destination and they are separate flights that Celebrity air just put together. Third party booking sites such as Expedia do this all the time. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1