Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t know. It’s been awhile. I just feel like there’s a huge difference between the last Reuben I had on carnival and this one.

IMG_2971.jpeg

Looks like a "diet Reuben sandwich"...if that's a thing...

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My Reuben on Freedom this January looked like this. Hmmmm…

I went back to glory which was the last time I would’ve resorted to a deli sandwich for lunch.

IMG_2978.thumb.jpeg.c53538dae4eca70f10a8e7ac2d1520c7.jpeg

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My Reuben on Freedom this January looked like this. Hmmmm…

Yeah, sorry, you have a New Yorker here commenting on a Reuben, kind of a birthright...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They’re very kind to smokers on this ship compared

to others.

Yes. I was very put off by the amount of smoking and the location of said smokers on this ship. I should be able to swim on lido without having to smell it. Or go from the buffet to kids club, without having to go out of the way not to walk past it. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, carohs said:

Yes. I was very put off by the amount of smoking and the location of said smokers on this ship. I should be able to swim on lido without having to smell it. Or go from the buffet to kids club, without having to go out of the way not to walk past it. 

Funny thing is right now nobody is using that non smoking pool and a bunch of kids are in the smoking pool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I guess alchemy opened early. It was full. I headed up to the room to change for the evening and take the dnd sign off for Stewart. Came back down. Full and then some. So in trying atrium for now.

• Like 3

Yeah being a non-buffet person, I’m bored with the lunch options. Maybe I’ll look for some conch fritters in Freeport. I did the conch salad the last time I was there. Wasn’t my thing. I think I prefer my conch cooked.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ledges1 said:

There seems to be an unusual # of ports cancelled due to weather. Princess Cay was cancelled on our cruise in November.

Weather in the Caribbean has been really crappy the past two or three months or so. I've been reading a lot of lives and reviews on a variety of lines and more than normal are not able to complete their original itinerary. A friend sailed Disney to Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Jamaica/private island at the beginning of February. Grand Cayman was canceled because of wind and their excursion (snorkeling) was canceled in Cozumel because of the weather.

She is coming with us this weekend when we leave out of San Juan. We're hoping for better weather/luck on this cruise than others have been having.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

Weather in the Caribbean has been really crappy the past two or three months or so. I've been reading a lot of lives and reviews on a variety of lines and more than normal are not able to complete their original itinerary. A friend sailed Disney to Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Jamaica/private island at the beginning of February. Grand Cayman was canceled because of wind and their excursion (snorkeling) was canceled in Cozumel because of the weather.

She is coming with us this weekend when we leave out of San Juan. We're hoping for better weather/luck on this cruise than others have been having.

Western Caribbean was good for me in November and two weeks ago.

• Like 4