Enchanted L103

lhsail

I apologize if this has been answered, I did a search but need a quick answer. I booked a guaranteed deluxe balcony on the Enchanted Princess. We have cruised close to 80 times and I should know if it sounds too good…, so no lectures please. We ended up with a forward facing cabin. My husband has read that the door to the balcony is locked when at sea. Although this is not my preferred cabin, if we can’t choose for ourselves when we want to use the balcony that’s a big issue. If someone has been in a forward facing balcony can you let me know if you had access to the balcony at all times?  TYIA. 

32 minutes ago, lhsail said:

I apologize if this has been answered, I did a search but need a quick answer. I booked a guaranteed deluxe balcony on the Enchanted Princess. We have cruised close to 80 times and I should know if it sounds too good…, so no lectures please. We ended up with a forward facing cabin. My husband has read that the door to the balcony is locked when at sea. Although this is not my preferred cabin, if we can’t choose for ourselves when we want to use the balcony that’s a big issue. If someone has been in a forward facing balcony can you let me know if you had access to the balcony at all times?  TYIA. 

No, the balcony door is not locked while at sea, or any other time - unless you yourself lick it.

You can use the balcony whenever you like. At night, you cannot use the balcony light and your drapes need to be kept closed (no light leakage) in order to not interfere with the bridge, navigation, etc. 

Enjoy the extra deep balcony - fab views when pulling into port, etc.  It can be quite windy up there, which can make the balcony uncomfortable to use, but you can use it whenever you like. 

• Like 1

These are favorite cabins for us. We have been in these forward facing cabins on the Royal and Discovery, and we have one booked for the Sky this summer for our Norway cruise. The balcony size and expansive views are unbeatable. You can use your balcony any time you like - no need to keep the door locked. We even crack it open a bit at night if it’s not too windy - although you do need to keep the light off and curtains closed after dark. When you are on the open sea they can get a bit more wind then a side balcony and you will generally feel more ship movement in forward cabins. But overall they are really great cabins and the views are amazing!

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd like to know where people are reading that the balcony door is locked on these forward cabins.  It has been debunked here at least 50 times - maybe more.

I think the confusion stems from the fact there is actually a sticker on the balcony door indicating that direction. But as far as our experience goes and from all reports here that direction has never been enforced - just the keeping it dark at night part. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd like to know where people are reading that the balcony door is locked on these forward cabins.  It has been debunked here at least 50 times - maybe more.

Appreciate the feedback. My husband read it somewhere on the Princess website. 

• Like 1

It is on the Princess website when you book the cabin.  We have one of these cabins for our upcoming cruise on the Majestic in April and I was worried about the same thing but have been told by many cruises who have used and loved these cabins that it isn't true.  Perhaps Princess needs to rectify this.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Do not worry!  We’ve sailed in our favourite of these cabins, L101, many times.  We like this cabin because the balcony is actually wider than the cabin due to the fire equipment closet between L102 and 101.  Never had anyone close our door or tell us not to use the balcony.  Entirely up to you.  You will be asked to close your curtains at night.

• Like 3

I tried a few mock bookings and didn't see a note on each one, but did see a note on a couple.  Maybe they are more warning guest that "limited use" may mean it can be uncomfortable to be out on a windy day (i.e. ship heading into the wind).  

• Like 1

Actually the little sign attached to the balcony door has always been there and never removed.  Our first time on Royal we asked our room steward about it and he said to ignore it and do what we want.  lol. So that’s what we do!  And, yes the wind can be a real issue.  Some days you just can’t use it at all and some days only if you sit close to the doorway.  I would never book one of these cabins for a TA.  In port, they’re terrific.

• Like 1

We enjoyed ours on Majestic , we had issues with rain coming in through the door in a huge rain storm , quickly resolved by Princess with shop vac and a fan.

I am short and when sitting on the balcony could not see over the solid rail .....short person issue but the experience was fun .

• Like 1