Price Drop Question

The price of our cabin is now half of what we paid. Does RCI even still do price drop to onboard credit these days? It's been a while since we cruise on RCI. I wonder if anyone has called and gotten a cabin upgrade due to price drops? Just wondering. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cinders411 said:

Yes we are before final payment date.

If you used a TA they must do this. If not call and do it yourself. You'll keep the same booking number and they'll email you a new updated confirmation for your new final payment balance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cinders411 said:

Okay I completed the price drop form and tried to submit. It would not take as it now has to be within 48 hours of the original booking. 

You have to call. The online form is only for that 48 hour window which would result in OBC of the difference. A regular reprice simply resets your balance due.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The reasoning behind calling is this:

You are entitled to a full refund before your final payment date unless you used some non-refundable deposit discount. Even then you would lose your deposit and book again with a savings. This is a worst case scenario if you are talking about a 50% price difference.

Otherwise, you can threaten to cancel, get a full refund and book at the new 50% less price.

Any travel agency or even Royal can see the logic in this and in most cases will adjust your price on the same contract.

If your price dropped by 50%, they would be foolish to lose a booked cabin over this situation. The price drop is normally associated with cruises which are not meeting time requirements against cabins sold.

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo

Yes, you can get a price match -- but you must call (or, if you booked with a TA, call that person).  Not long ago I had a $200+ price drop, and all it took was a 5 or 10 minute phone call.  People are always saying it's hard to get RC customer service on the phone:  call early or late (they're open until something like 11:00 pm), and you'll get through quickly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinders411 said:

Okay I completed the price drop form and tried to submit. It would not take as it now has to be within 48 hours of the original booking. 

CALL!!!  Don’t send in a form!!  

I just called yesterday and got a $560 price drop on our October cruise!!  It took all of 5min….

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cinders411 said:

You have to call.  If you use a TA, they can take care of it for you. Another great reason to use a TA, especially those who don't charge you for their services.