New Navigator Barcelona - Monte Carlo 25 May 24

I just noticed a new nine day cruise on Navigator Barcelona to Monte Carlo after its trip around Africa.  Still waitlisted but the listed prices are extremely high.  Cruise only window only starting at $5,999 per person.  With air $12,899 per person.  These are astronomical fares even under normal circumstances and I don't know how they are going to fill a ship with just three months until sailing.

And on the Canadian website, it is $17,000 CAD for an H window suite, and $9100 CAD air credit.  Either it’s a pricing error, or something is happening with their air contract. I wouldn’t take that cruise on the Navigator even if the price was half that amount. There are much better options/pricing over at SS or Seabourn. 

For what it is worth.....we were booked on the Navigator cruise from Venice to Monte Carlo that got cancelled during this same time period. We were told that if we re-booked this cruise we would be given a 25% discount. They shortened the cruise by one day and increased the price substantially for the rebooking. We are looking at a much smaller refund than 25% of original booking cost and all excursions cannot be booked until we start the cruise. We are contemplating cancelling given how they've handled things. 

8 hours ago, docderwood said:

For what it is worth.....we were booked on the Navigator cruise from Venice to Monte Carlo that got cancelled during this same time period. We were told that if we re-booked this cruise we would be given a 25% discount. They shortened the cruise by one day and increased the price substantially for the rebooking. We are looking at a much smaller refund than 25% of original booking cost and all excursions cannot be booked until we start the cruise. We are contemplating cancelling given how they've handled things. 

I would have a hard time enjoying a cruise if I felt the cruise line unnecessarily took advantage of me. I would cancel and tell them to stick it….and get my money back.

We were also booked on the Venice to Monte Carlo with a B2B from Monte Carlo to Amsterdam. We are going to do this as our first leg. Anyone else on this cruise? We are thinking of a private excursion from La Spezia to Florence and Pisa if anyone wants to join us.

4 hours ago, GaCruiser53 said:

We were also booked on the Venice to Monte Carlo with a B2B from Monte Carlo to Amsterdam. We are going to do this as our first leg. Anyone else on this cruise? We are thinking of a private excursion from La Spezia to Florence and Pisa if anyone wants to join us.

We're not on that first leg but will be on the Monte Carlo - Amsterdam segment. See you on board!

11 hours ago, Sunprince said:

I would have a hard time enjoying a cruise if I felt the cruise line unnecessarily took advantage of me. I would cancel and tell them to stick it….and get my money back.

I don't disagree with your take and we are struggling with that....and:

• Super short time period to cancel for refund that expires tomorrow
  • Flights are a mess. They need to stop marketing "Business Class Airfare Included".

I get they had to move things and that's out of their control. I resent them expecting us to pay for the gas around Africa by shorting us the expected refund and being less than helpful on rebooking flights (pay the custom air-fare again) etc etc. Not a premium experience but limited options to book with someone else at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up booking the Barcelona to Monte Carlo and the Monte Carlo to Amsterdam to replace the original Trieste to Amsterdam. It is one day shorter but we did get s significant refund. We will have to switch cabins and had to rebook our excursions, but we are glad to be taking this trip. We’ll have to do Venice another time.

• Like 2