Hideaway Beach mini-review from 2/17/24

These will likely always be beyond our budget, but I also took some photos of both of the Hideaway Beach cabana types.

The Hideaway cabanas are near the pool and while they are nice, I don't really care for them. They are right by the pool so lack privacy as well as serenity 🙂  They are also the "less expensive" of the two.

image.jpeg.cc1dc9c177c3893e868dfd0af4f3d1c8.jpeg

image.jpeg.1bbc0473382ca0b54bb44349f3096b3b.jpeg

On the other hand the Hideout cabanas are definitely the cream of the crop in terms of both features (private heated infinity pool, quiet location, etc.). Even though they have the option to be quiet, there is the option to pipe in either the pool music, pre-recorded music, or bluetooth connect your device to play your own music. These are definitely what I would choose if money was no object (MAYBE an option if split 4 ways with 3 other couples lol

image.jpeg.6b6249b1cf31ac638a7027250c809e36.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 10:31 AM, fletch1027 said:

Any questions let me know! 

Thank you for your thoughts. Much appreciated.

Is the food included in the pass, if not,

What is the price of the food options available?

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

As a couple in our late 40’s, who like a relaxing beach view near good food and drinks, we really enjoyed our time there, and will go back if we get a decent price again 🙂

That is good to know. 

We are older than you but would be glad to enjoy our time there.  We are not so set in our ways that a little bit of music from another era would be an issue. 

Is there a way you can find out if other ships will be in port with you at Coco Cay? We’ve only been there one other time before and it was on Harmony shortly after all the covid restrictions. So, we were sailing at 50% capacity and the island seemed crowded then. We’ll be sailing on Wonder and I’m sure it’s sailing full. Just deciding if we should splurge on paying for Hideaway Beach. 

8 minutes ago, choochella said:

Is there a way you can find out if other ships will be in port with you at Coco Cay? We’ve only been there one other time before and it was on Harmony shortly after all the covid restrictions. So, we were sailing at 50% capacity and the island seemed crowded then. We’ll be sailing on Wonder and I’m sure it’s sailing full. Just deciding if we should splurge on paying for Hideaway Beach. 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports

Plug in your port and cruise date. Find the ships that are in port that day.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Food is included. Pizza, salad, fruit, fries, funnel cakes, mozzarella sticks, sandwiches, empanadas. 

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Yes, everything on the 2 menu board pictures I posted are included. There's also soft serve ice cream next to the Pizza window that's not on the menu board

• Thanks 1

@fletch1027

Your review was so good that we are giving it a try in April. $50 for two people at check-out for our cruise. You are right about the price being all over the place. The cost surges to $130 for two if we do it on our next November cruise on a larger ship. That is a bit too much for us.

April might be a little on the cool side for pool water so we liked the idea of a heated pool as an option.

Again, thanks for your time to make this review.

• Thanks 1

We have been 100% happy with the no-cost loungers and beach areas on Coco Cay, and the food is some of the best the cruise offers.  

The one thing that interests me about Hideaway Beach is the heated pool.  IF we were traveling in Winter, I would consider paying no more than $30 (which would be $60 for the two of us) for that feature.  

• Like 1