NCL Provided Air

Has any couple, traveling together in the same cabin ever been assigned to different flights out of the same city?

We were confirmed on January 4, 2024, on the same flights, but about 3 weeks later we got an email from NCL that changed me to another flight, going and coming, at completely different times and carriers.  When I call NCL they tell me that they must have got a time change notification from the airlines - which makes no sense because they kept my partner on the original flights. I can get NO satisfaction with NCL - other than to say they are working on it (it has been 3 weeks).  We are completely devastated! 

Does anyone have any idea why they would out of the blue change one traveler and not the other? Again we have the same record and, the same cabin, booked it on board together.

Anything you could share that could explain this unbelievable situation is greatly appreciated. 

They (NCL or airline) could have overbooked - and they should correct it. When is your trip - I think they tend to wait until last minute for corrections, so it may be awhile before they fix it. But I'd keep calling, you might get a sympathetic person on the phone who can fix it while you wait.

Have you gone to the airline(s) and used the tracking #s to verify how you and your partner are actually booked? I wouldn't rely solely on the NCL email.

Thank you for all the great responses.  I am still booked on my original flight,  AND on the new one as well according to the carriers.  They have time to fix it and I am sure they will do it  - since as you said the rule is traveling in same cabin - same flight.  It has just thrown us into such a state. Really messes up lots of travel plans and reservations etc. Again, they are just so cavalier about it. I have called repeated times - even to the latitudes department - but no one is willing to do anything but tell me I have to wait for the "back air desk" to fix it. Time keeps ticking ticking ticking on - folder in the drawer and nothing being worked on until this gets fixed. does not make me excited about this trip at all.

3 minutes ago, Pasodebbie said:

Time keeps ticking ticking ticking on - folder in the drawer and nothing being worked on until this gets fixed. does not make me excited about this trip at all.

File that folder under "Reasons not to book air with NCL".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pasodebbie said:

Thank you for all the great responses.  I am still booked on my original flight,  AND on the new one as well according to the carriers.  They have time to fix it and I am sure they will do it  - since as you said the rule is traveling in same cabin - same flight.  It has just thrown us into such a state. Really messes up lots of travel plans and reservations etc. Again, they are just so cavalier about it. I have called repeated times - even to the latitudes department - but no one is willing to do anything but tell me I have to wait for the "back air desk" to fix it. Time keeps ticking ticking ticking on - folder in the drawer and nothing being worked on until this gets fixed. does not make me excited about this trip at all.

Try doing this....I honestly don't know if it'll help or not:

Call the NCL Main Line, explain your issue and try to get the front line person to help. If they're unable, ask them if they would be able to please contact the Air Dept., keep you on hold, and explain the situation (be sure they know what's going on). They won't let you talk with Air, but generally I've had good luck with the normal agents calling Air and making the fix/providing an update in the moment.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

No such luck! I have spoken directly with the air department probably 10 times. The person says the "back air desk" is aware of it and they are working on it - been over 3 weeks. I am just in a waiting situation.

Just now, Pasodebbie said:

No such luck! I have spoken directly with the air department probably 10 times. The person says the "back air desk" is aware of it and they are working on it - been over 3 weeks. I am just in a waiting situation.

Ugh...sorry! 

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Try doing this....I honestly don't know if it'll help or not:

Call the NCL Main Line, explain your issue and try to get the front line person to help. If they're unable, ask them if they would be able to please contact the Air Dept., keep you on hold, and explain the situation (be sure they know what's going on). They won't let you talk with Air, but generally I've had good luck with the normal agents calling Air and making the fix/providing an update in the moment.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!

Haven halo 

j/k 😂😂

• Haha 1

Use the Shotgun approach:

Try contacting whatever local news station where you are that has a troubleshooter or problem solver etc.  Contact them on Facebook, Instagram whatever social media you can.

You can contact the Feds here

If the problem is not resolved, contact the Federal Maritime Commission by email at complaints@fmc.gov or download, fill out, and mail or fax their cruise dispute services request form.

Also record all of your calls after notifying them you are recording the call.  Send an email and always state what you want to happen not that you are booked on 2 different flights, but you want to be put onto the same flights.

Contact the BBB and state the have violated their own T&Cs.

You need to call every  day and record the call ask for names numbers and when to expect a call back.  Always be polite you are just gathering information to provide to the TV station they would love it if you had 20 or so audio clips of calling them and being stonewalled or ignored.

How do I contact NCL corporate office?

Corporate Office
  1. Phone 305.436.4000. Call Corporate Office.

Also email 

• August 2, 2015
  • Kawerau NZ

@cusematt4

I have the following in a file on my computer.   I don't know if they will still work as they are quite old.

vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com   Mr. Jonathan Rose 

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

If the ones below don't work check the names from an NCL website and work out the email address using the method of the ones below.

Primary Contact
Vivian Ewart
Vice President, Passenger Services
7665 Corporate Center Dr.
Miami, FL 33126
(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

Chief Executive
Andy Stuart
President and Chief Operating Officer
7665 Corporate Center Dr.
Miami, FL 33126