Using Free nights

Grandma Cruising

We're on Pursuit at the moment & at the end of this cruise we go up to Discoverer Plus, earning 6 free nights. We went to talk to the Cruise Sales Manager yesterday, looking to book Bordeaux to Barcelona on the Onward in September. We expected to be able to either get whatever promotions there are plus on board booking discount OR to use the free nights. We were delighted to be told you can now have both so we were able to book the cruise at a very discounted price.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We're on Pursuit at the moment & at the end of this cruise we go up to Discoverer Plus, earning 6 free nights. We went to talk to the Cruise Sales Manager yesterday, looking to book Bordeaux to Barcelona on the Onward in September. We expected to be able to either get whatever promotions there are plus on board booking discount OR to use the free nights. We were delighted to be told you can now have both so we were able to book the cruise at a very discounted price.

That's a real result. As you say, all offers have previously stripped out. I will ask on Journey in a couple of weeks as I have three to usr (that have never been flagged by Azamara. Another story). 

Phil 

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Great news!  We reach Discoverer Plus at the end of our next cruise (departing March 19th) and also planned to book another one.

8 minutes ago, Work in to Cruise 2023 said:

Great news!  We reach Discoverer Plus at the end of our next cruise (departing March 19th) and also planned to book another one.

With Azamara’s new system points are now added to your account at the start of your cruise, would be interesting to know if that allows you to use the free nights to make a booking on that cruise.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Riocca said:

With Azamara’s new system points are now added to your account at the start of your cruise, would be interesting to know if that allows you to use the free nights to make a booking on that cruise.

On our last cruise (Feb/March `23) the Cruise sales staff miscalculated our points, and assumed that we would progress from Discoverer to Plus during that cruise. Even though we had not passed the threshold, she confirmed that we would qualify for the six nights discount for any cruise

>= 7 nights duration booked at that time.

Since the progression was, to all intents and purposes, inevitable, she could apply the benefits.

But, no addition discount offers were available to us a year ago.

Here's what Azamara's web site says:

Complimentary nights are combinable with Quarterly Brand Offers, Flash Sales, Travel Partner promotions, Back-to-Back Benefits, onboard booking savings, Azamara Circle Quarterly Savings, Net Rates, Last Minute Voyages, and National Account Hosted Programs. Unless stated otherwise, the Offer is not combinable with Closed User Rates, Employee Rates, Interline Rates, and Travel Agent Rates. Complimentary nights cannot be used with pre-and post-cruise land programs. Complimentary nights earned when reaching different levels cannot be redeemed together. Any remaining complimentary nights will be forfeited if not used before the one-year redemption period; this applies to all tier levels. Terms may vary by country.

4 hours ago, blag said:

On our last cruise (Feb/March `23) the Cruise sales staff miscalculated our points, and assumed that we would progress from Discoverer to Plus during that cruise. Even though we had not passed the threshold, she confirmed that we would qualify for the six nights discount for any cruise

>= 7 nights duration booked at that time.

Since the progression was, to all intents and purposes, inevitable, she could apply the benefits.

But, no addition discount offers were available to us a year ago.

Here's what Azamara's web site says:

Complimentary nights are combinable with Quarterly Brand Offers, Flash Sales, Travel Partner promotions, Back-to-Back Benefits, onboard booking savings, Azamara Circle Quarterly Savings, Net Rates, Last Minute Voyages, and National Account Hosted Programs. Unless stated otherwise, the Offer is not combinable with Closed User Rates, Employee Rates, Interline Rates, and Travel Agent Rates. Complimentary nights cannot be used with pre-and post-cruise land programs. Complimentary nights earned when reaching different levels cannot be redeemed together. Any remaining complimentary nights will be forfeited if not used before the one-year redemption period; this applies to all tier levels. Terms may vary by country.

The web site and application of free nights was changed at the end of last year. All relevant discounts are now applied and the free nights now represent a real discount.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

21 hours ago, Riocca said:

Yes, we go up to Discoverer Plus at the end of this cruise and were able to book a cruise getting all the relevant discounts AND the 6 free nights.We've just had the emailed confirmation through and the price for a 13 night cruise is only just over half the promoted price

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am due to go up to Discoverer plus also on my next cruise  BUT if I understand correctly have I read somewhere that if most of the point were accumulated on Celebrity we cant have this benefit?

28 minutes ago, B17 said:

I am due to go up to Discoverer plus also on my next cruise  BUT if I understand correctly have I read somewhere that if most of the point were accumulated on Celebrity we cant have this benefit?

Correct, there’s always been the requirement for over 50% of the points to have been earned with Azamara.

On 2/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, we go up to Discoverer Plus at the end of this cruise and were able to book a cruise getting all the relevant discounts AND the 6 free nights.We've just had the emailed confirmation through and the price for a 13 night cruise is only just over half the promoted price

Did you get any OBC? 

1 hour ago, B17 said:

Can I ask how many Azamara cruises you have done?

4 minutes ago, B17 said:

this will be our fourth

When you are next onboard ask the Future Sales rep to print out a copy of all your cruises (this will include both Celebrity and Azamara cruises). 

You can then see what points are attributed to your Azamara cruises.

42 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

When you are next onboard ask the Future Sales rep to print out a copy of all your cruises (this will include both Celebrity and Azamara cruises). 

You can then see what points are attributed to your Azamara cruises.

If you are moving from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus and have only four Azamara cruises it's never going to be enough to meet the 50% that Riocca has correctly stated. 

Phil 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are moving from Discoverer to Discoverer Plus and have only four Azamara cruises it's never going to be enough to meet the 50% that Riocca has correctly stated. 

Phil 

Of course I did not want to make that assumption.

For example the four cruises may have been taken in a club world suite (18 points per day). This would equate to approx 21 days in a CW suite (

approx half of the 750 points required).

So, it is indeed possible.

16 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes, we got both the book onboard OBC ($300) and the current offer ($750) plus all relevant discounts and our 6 free days.

Good news. Thanks.

On our next cruise in April we will be trying to use our 6 free nights against a 7-night cruise in the Med in August. The OBC will be very welcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

Of course I did not want to make that assumption.

For example the four cruises may have been taken in a club world suite (18 points per day). This would equate to approx 21 days in a CW suite (

approx half of the 750 points required).

So, it is indeed possible.

The 50% rule is based on number of cruises, not points. 

Phil 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Number of cruises, not points. That was how it was worked out for me. 

Phil 

I think you’re right it’s a long time since we changed loyalty level, although I’ve looked at the latest loyalty t&c’s and can’t see a mention of 50% of anything.

2 hours ago, Riocca said:

I think you’re right it’s a long time since we changed loyalty level, although I’ve looked at the latest loyalty t&c’s and can’t see a mention of 50% of anything.

I only remember because was much less "sophisticated" in its calculation when I went through it. 

Phil 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blag said:

Good news. Thanks.

On our next cruise in April we will be trying to use our 6 free nights against a 7-night cruise in the Med in August. The OBC will be very welcome.

Soon they'll be paying you to cruise.😃

• Haha 1