Neptune Suite location - Statendam

DShock

Depends what your preferences are. The cabin itself will be larger on deck 7, but the balcony smaller. The aft Neptunes are smaller, sometimes by a fair amount, but the balconies are huge. Discussed here frequently. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Depends what your preferences are. The cabin itself will be larger on deck 7, but the balcony smaller. The aft Neptunes are smaller, sometimes by a fair amount, but the balconies are huge. Discussed here frequently. 

Agree totally.   A personal choice.   

I love the aft Neptune Suites because of the wrap-around balconies and the view.  I also view the longer walk to the Neptune Lounge as a plus because it helps me get my daily steps in.  Ultimately it comes down to personal preference, as others have said.  If you want to sacrifice a bit of room size for a larger balcony and don't mind a longer walk to the Neptune Lounge, the aft suite is right for you.  If you want a larger room, don't need a larger balcony, and want to be closer to the Lounge, then choose the suite on deck 7.  Either way, enjoy the cruise.

We like being closer to the Neptune Lounge, as both my wife and I are there a few times every day, for various reasons. We think it is a real benefit; on our last cruise we chose a stateroom very near the Neptune Lounge.

As others said, depends on your preference.

I use the Lounge for breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snacks, almost every day. Love having it just down the hall.  Their small bites are appealing enough, and that keeps me from perusing (and eating) the larger items offered at the Lido buffet. 

We tend to stay in the cabin more when we have a Neptune, so we do like having the Lounge act as our "corner market" for nibbles.  And the go-to spot to hang out and have that second cup of special coffee while the stewards are cleaning the room, if there are no other morning activities. 

That said, the views from an aft-wrap Neptune cabin cannot be beat. You won't go wrong with either. 

We prefer the Neptunes on Deck 7 because of the proximity to the Neptune Lounge. Had an aft Neptune once, not by choice as we had a Guarantee, and never again - way too far from everything.

Others may know better but I believe the aft balconies are less private (if that matters) from cabins above (and pool). We always choose cabin on lounge level if doing Neptune. 

21 hours ago, DShock said:

Have a choice, deck 7 close to Neptune Lounge of aft corner on deck 5. Leaning towards deck 7. Your thoughts please.

Have booked both ways, and each has pros & cons.

Aft:

Loved the aft on an Alaska cruise for the big balcony, had both aft view and port side view. Negative more noise, motion and vibration. Size difference was noted but not an issue.

Near Lounge:

Our overall preference. Less motion (close to center0, noise, and vibration. As I feel the coffee in the lounge is the best on the ship, being close to the lounge is a plus. 

My advice is unless your itinerary is cruising based ( Alaska, Norway Fjords), closer to the center of the ship would be better.

We've also done both, and agree that destination matters.  We used our balcony a lot on our Med (Greece and Italy) sailing and in Norway, and were glad that we had the space.  That said, we've found that the stateroom attendants on Deck 7 seem to be just a little more attentive than on a different deck aft.  Not that we've ever gotten bad service on Holland; the crew is amazing.  It just seems that the teams handling the suite deck are a little more relaxed and available.

Edited by bhwestgrove
grammar

2 hours ago, bhwestgrove said:

We've also done both, and agree that destination matters.  We used our balcony a lot on our Med (Greece and Italy) sailing and in Norway, and were glad that we had the space.  That said, we've found that the stateroom attendants on Deck 7 seem to be just a little more attentive than on a different deck aft.  Not that we've ever gotten bad service on Holland; the crew is amazing.  It just seems that the teams handling the suite deck are a little more relaxed and available.

Agree with this.  Better service on Deck 7 when in a Neptune.  Sometimes when in an aft Neptune we do not get all the Neptune oriented mail for example.

4 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

As I feel the coffee in the lounge is the best on the ship, being close to the lounge is a plus. 

My advice is unless your itinerary is cruising based ( Alaska, Norway Fjords), closer to the center of the ship would be better.

I agree completely about the coffee.  I also agree with what other's have said about destination.  We had aft suites on a transpacific crossing and in New Zealand.  It was great to have the wrap-around balcony while cruising in Fjordland National Park.