Free at sea: 150 minutes per person free WiFi

Going on a 7 night NCL cruise and have free at sea.

Various personal situations mean it will be necessary for me to check my email every day or two.

Is it possible to only use say 10-15 minutes per day and save the rest of the balance, or do you just get 150 minutes from the point you first login?

15 minutes ago, edin_cruiser said:

Going on a 7 night NCL cruise and have free at sea.

Various personal situations mean it will be necessary for me to check my email every day or two.

Is it possible to only use say 10-15 minutes per day and save the rest of the balance, or do you just get 150 minutes from the point you first login?

You log on and off as required to spread the 150 minutes out.

In your case, log in, download your emails and then log off. Compose any replies offline and then log in to send them.

You log in and out of internet access. So you can use your minutes the whole cruise. If you need to write an email, first log out from internet, write the message and log back in to send it to save minutes.

As others have said, log in and out as needed.  150 minutes is more than enough to get you through the week.  And if any of your stops are in US territories, you'll most likely have cell service so you can take advantage of that time to catch up 

• Like 1

a great way to save on your wifi minutes is use the free wifi when you arrive in port ( in most places).  I have found that almost every port has free wifi once you get far enough off ship.  I usually find the wifi by the gift shops that are in the actual port where the ship docks.  Must be far enough away fro the cruise ship so your wifi won't pick up the NCL band.  I was on a 15 night cruise, and didn't use all my minutes.  I waited until I got into port to do all my email correspondence ( and boy, did that turn out to be a working vacation)

On our last few cruises I upgrade to the unlimited, but that's because I post Live reports. My husband just likes to check in now and again so he stays with the 150 free. I will tell you, though, that sometimes the internet is REALLY slow. He found that he really only got about 20 minutes of actually being online with those 150 minutes. If you just go online to download then get off, your 150 should be enough. But it might not be...

• Like 1