Maleth confirms end of P&O partnership

minsterman

On 9/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, jack the lad said:

We fly on 27/01/24 from a London airport, have not yet been told which one. A little annoying as would like to book hotel and parking. Also now thinking of cancelling 

Just tried cancelling or moving our booking to another cruise. Been told we will either lose the deposit or we have to find another cruise to the same value. We are still wondering what to do 😞

• 2 weeks later...

The overnight Maleth Barbados to Manchester flight has diverted to Bermuda for unknown reasons.   The aircraft departed an hour behind schedule at 20:00 and after flying for approximately 2 1/2 hours then diverted. No arrival

time into the uk as of yet. Hoping it wasn’t a medical issue onboard and that all get home in time for Christmas. 

1 hour ago, cheshire said:

The overnight Maleth Barbados to Manchester flight has diverted to Bermuda for unknown reasons.   The aircraft departed an hour behind schedule at 20:00 and after flying for approximately 2 1/2 hours then diverted. No arrival

time into the uk as of yet. Hoping it wasn’t a medical issue onboard and that all get home in time for Christmas. 

Updated to say the aircraft is due to leave Bermuda shortly with an arrival time of 12:45 into Manchester.   Looks like a medical diversion that can happen to any airline.   A long journey home but hopefully all safe and home for Christmas. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cheshire said:

Updated to say the aircraft is due to leave Bermuda shortly with an arrival time of 12:45 into Manchester.   Looks like a medical diversion that can happen to any airline.   A long journey home but hopefully all safe and home for Christmas. 

Similar thing happened to us once when a  gentleman had a heart attack on board a flight

We were flying to Cyprus but diverted to Germany

I always remember the poor wife bless her felt guilty and  was apologising to the rest of the passengers as they were taken off the flight at Germany

And the passengers kept telling her please please don't apologise 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Well boy 91 said:

From a report on another internet based platform ,it appears the plane encountered severe turbulence and its altitude changed dramatically .  Reports of injuries on board with passengers struck by objects. Some hitting the ceiling as the plane dropped suddenly 

That happened to us on a 707 over the Andes.  One girl cut her face on the ceiling.  There was wine and other liquid running down the walls.  3 minutes of clear air turbulence.  All us crew hanging on for dear life.

Having said that, only once in 16 years did we divert for a sick passenger.  We went into Baffin Island as everywhere else was fogged out.  One of our crew had the presence of mind to hit this guy in the chest and he came back.  We all got a certificate for landing in the Arctic Circle!.  The guy made a full recovery and continued the following day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Well boy 91 said:

From a report on another internet based platform ,it appears the plane encountered severe turbulence and its altitude changed dramatically .  Reports of injuries on board with passengers struck by objects. Some hitting the ceiling as the plane dropped suddenly 

Oh dear

Not good

• Like 1

Just seen on another social media site that the passengers are not being flown home until 10am on the 26th now. They have been told they couldn’t get a crew there in time. 

24 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Well let's hope they really look after them all well in Bermuda

According to same social media site, they are in a lovely hotel with all food paid for. Frustrating but they are being looked after. 

I think if it were me I would have booked on the next BA flight back to the UK. 

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

According to same social media site, they are in a lovely hotel with all food paid for. Frustrating but they are being looked after. 

I think if it were me I would have booked on the next BA flight back to the UK. 

Depends what they had planned at home I guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlanthony24 said:

I could just imagine how expensive it may be let alone if any spaces onboard. Last BA flight flight operated Xmas Eve next one not till 27th.

Ah fair enough- I didn’t look into that!

I can see a lot of people on the fb group saying they really don’t want to board the plane. But I believe they only landed due to injuries, the plane is fine. Even for the most seasoned flyer it must be slightly unnerving! 

As long as they had no plans back home, I’m sure a couple of days in Bermuda can’t have been bad! I do feel for those who have missed out on family plans!!! 

14 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Ah fair enough- I didn’t look into that!

I can see a lot of people on the fb group saying they really don’t want to board the plane. But I believe they only landed due to injuries, the plane is fine. Even for the most seasoned flyer it must be slightly unnerving! 

As long as they had no plans back home, I’m sure a couple of days in Bermuda can’t have been bad! I do feel for those who have missed out on family plans!!! 

Some of them might have really enjoyed an extra mini holiday at the end of the cruise

Once they recovered from the shock of that unexpected turbulence. Can't have been good even for those not injured.

Very scary I imagine

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Some of them might have really enjoyed an extra mini holiday at the end of the cruise

Once they recovered from the shock of that unexpected turbulence. Can't have been good even for those not injured.

Very scary I imagine

I had a bumpy flight on the way back from Miami last year with Virgin. We hit some unexpected turbulence and the crew were shouting and rushing down the aisles to get strapped in to their jump seats. Everyone was ok but it was a scary 10 minutes

All aircraft can hit air pockets unexpectedly- it’s how the crew deal with it that matters. From what I’ve read on fb, crew were not checking seat belts or telling people to sit down when the sign was on. 

7 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

From what I’ve read on fb, crew were not checking seat belts or telling people to sit down when the sign was on. 

It saddens me that a plane full of adults need to have their seat belts checked and be told to sit down when the seat belts on sign is lit. If the situation is potentially so hazardous that seat belts are required, once they have done their other safety duties (stowing the trolleys etc), it is only reasonable for crew to be allowed to sit with their belts on rather than go down the aisle to tell adults to sit down and belt up.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

It saddens me that a plane full of adults need to have their seat belts checked and be told to sit down when the seat belts on sign is lit. If the situation is potentially so hazardous that seat belts are required, once they have done their other safety duties (stowing the trolleys etc), it is only reasonable for crew to be allowed to sit with their belts on rather than go down the aisle to tell adults to sit down and belt up.

Said with feeling Pete14 ..... and we totally agree. The safety briefing tells you to keep your  belt on anyway and other than when moving around that's what we do. If the plane felt like we were on the Big Dipper I think that it'd be common sense. Sadly that is out of fashion in the blame culture of the C21st. 

• Like 5

It amazes me when during the decent you tell them in preparation for landing please make sure seats are in the up right position, arm rests are down and windows blinds open the amount of people that don’t listen to it or even listen to the safety demonstration. Favourite one departing/landing at night. The lights will now be dimmed incase of an emergency please use the reading light above you. Turn the lights back on erm no.

• Like 4