water bottle brand on Solstice

ping1

9 minutes ago, ping1 said:

Hello all!

What brand water bottle is offered on the Solstice, classic drink package?

I'm hoping it is not that horrid aluminum can brand.

Thank you. 

Rain in the aluminum cans and Crystal in the plastic bottles, fleetwide. This also could change from one cruise to another. 

Edited by doghog

52 minutes ago, doghog said:

Rain in the aluminum cans and Crystal in the plastic bottles, fleetwide. This also could change from one cruise to another. 

Thank you for the quick response.  By Crystal, do you mean Crystal Geyser?  Can you have a choice?  Crystal Geyser is my favorite drink.  I understand the Rain is hard to open.

24 minutes ago, ping1 said:

Thank you for the quick response.  By Crystal, do you mean Crystal Geyser?  Can you have a choice?  Crystal Geyser is my favorite drink.  I understand the Rain is hard to open.

You do not get a choice with the CBP. Cans, bottles or brands. 

29 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

I had an interesting conversation with an officer on the Solstice - he reported there is difficulty in getting the aluminum cans recycled so many ships were dropping the use of the .

I don't doubt you or even the officer however I doubt the officer's source and perhaps there's some missing context.  X still has aluminum soda cans, why not change those to plastic?  Aluminum is one of the easiest materials to recycle and therefore not difficult to locate recycling facilities.  They got rid of the cans at the same time they implemented other cost-cutting measures which was why they probably changed...From wiki

image.thumb.png.d19b186bc9298e35c873e6371412ad84.png

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I don't doubt you or even the officer however I doubt the officer's source and perhaps there's some missing context.  X still has aluminum soda cans, why not change those to plastic?  Aluminum is one of the easiest materials to recycle and therefore not difficult to locate recycling facilities.  They got rid of the cans at the same time they implemented other cost-cutting measures which was why they probably changed...From wiki

image.thumb.png.d19b186bc9298e35c873e6371412ad84.png

Thanks - our conversation was strictly about the water bottles after I saw so much plastic waste.  This was about where ports are that they offload recycling related to how easy and economical it was.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Not fleetwide.  This is on Connie February 2024

That's why I also said "could change from one cruise to another". 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jmdlv1 said:

I can’t verify the accuracy but 2 bartenders on the Ascent told us they were moving away from the cans as passengers were cutting there hands when opening.

I heard this on one of my sailings and chatted with a cruiser who cut his hand