Premium Drinks Package

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before but I can't find anything in a search. 

My partner and I will be getting the premium drinks package for our cruise in July however I was wondering what sort of offers Celebrity usually have with the packages? Last week they were offering 25% off but that has now reduced to 20% off. 

Is 25% the best offer that I will see? I know RC usually have offers such as buy on get one half price so I was wondering if Celebrity offer anything similar?

Thanks 🙂 

I don't know if I can answer about the highest percentage off, as we haven't sailed Celebrity yet (this summer to Alaska), but I can tell you that I have been watching my planner for excursions and other potential per-cruise purchases and have noted that the percentages off change often. The biggest saving I have seen above been around holiday sales the last being for President's Day/Valentines Day. Not everything is discounted each time, but there does seem to be variation.

Others on here have noted that they have booked things and if it gets cheaper they cancel and rebook. I haven't done that, but it is probably solid advice (just be careful of cancelling something popular and not being able to get it back again!)

dctravel

The cheapest I’ve seen for the upgrade from classic to premium is $6.99usd or $9.99cad pp per day. As already stated, you can cancel and rebook the upgrade if the price drops after you book it

• Like 1

I agree,  find a price your ok with and buy. But as everyone has already said just keep checking incase it does go down.  I never buy the drink package to win but more for convenience.  Six specialty waters , 4 Coffees, a red bull or two, and 4 adult drinks is my normal day. I never priced it to see how the math works I just like coming home to a zero spend on the ship

9 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

I agree,  find a price your ok with and buy. But as everyone has already said just keep checking incase it does go down.  I never buy the drink package to win but more for convenience.  Six specialty waters , 4 Coffees, a red bull or two, and 4 adult drinks is my normal day. I never priced it to see how the math works I just like coming home to a zero spend on the ship

Don’t worry, you’re most likely coming out ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, studentcruiser23 said:

Hi,

Sorry in advance if this has been asked before but I can't find anything in a search. 

My partner and I will be getting the premium drinks package for our cruise in July however I was wondering what sort of offers Celebrity usually have with the packages? Last week they were offering 25% off but that has now reduced to 20% off. 

Is 25% the best offer that I will see? I know RC usually have offers such as buy on get one half price so I was wondering if Celebrity offer anything similar?

Thanks 🙂 

Just keep watching. I have been doing the same for our November cruise. Black Friday time-frame is usually the cheapest. It can change at anytime.   My plans if it goes to 30% off I will purchase.   Then if it goes down more then cancel and repurchase. 

Thank you all for your replies - next time it goes down to 25% off I think we’ll just buy it and then if it drops again we can always cancel and rebuy. 
how does it work if we cancel and then rebuy? Does the money go back into the payment card or is it credit on the account?

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

The Black Friday sale was 45% off if I recall correctly.  That is the best I’ve seen. 

Yep.  We took advantage of that also.  Cancelled our previous package purchase and saved hundreds.  That was definitely the best price I have seen.

We have the all-inclusive (classic beverage, tips, wifi) and bought early enough we're grandfathered in on the gratuities. We stick with the classic because it's usually OK and we can always order something premium and just pay the few dollars difference. We come out way ahead. 

I believe that Celebrity does offer some discounts for the Memorial Day weekend and possibly the 4th of July as well.  Holding out hope that we see some significant discounts during those times.

2 hours ago, studentcruiser23 said:

Thank you all for your replies - next time it goes down to 25% off I think we’ll just buy it and then if it drops again we can always cancel and rebuy. 
how does it work if we cancel and then rebuy? Does the money go back into the payment card or is it credit on the account?

Money goes back to how you paid.  If by CC, then you will see a credit on your CC. If you used OBC then it goes back on your OBC account. 

Edited by lv2cruisgrl

5 hours ago, mathed101 said:

Quick question on procedure. If I have purchased the Premium drink package and I see that the price goes down, do I buy the reduced price one before or after I cancel the current package? 

You have to cancel first. It won't let you buy duplicates in the cruise planner. 

22 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

You have to cancel first. It won't let you buy duplicates in the cruise planner. 

Thanks!

If I had the Classic Package and wanted to upgrade, is there an option for that or do I just cancel the Classic and purchase the Premium?

45 minutes ago, mathed101 said:

Thanks!

If I had the Classic Package and wanted to upgrade, is there an option for that or do I just cancel the Classic and purchase the Premium?

There is typically an option to upgrade in the cruise planner, but make sure it is a smaller amount (like $6 - $15/day) instead of $60 - $70.  I have accidentally gotten the premium package confused with the premium upgrade.  

2 minutes ago, zestyzorra said:

There is typically an option to upgrade in the cruise planner, but make sure it is a smaller amount (like $6 - $15/day) instead of $60 - $70.  I have accidentally gotten the premium package confused with the premium upgrade.  

Very good information! Thanks so much!

• Like 1