Purchased FCC- is it automatically refunded

chisoxfan

We purchased a FCC on Apex in October (100 pp) dropping our 'form' in box at Future cruise area. We have been on another X cruise since then and aren't seriously considering any future cruises with X. We were surprised this credit does not show up on our account (unless not looking in right place). Anyway, my understanding is that the extra credit would be for cruises booked within 6 mos. When this does not happen is there a mechanism for automatic refund (200) or does one need to contact X? Along those lines can one simply cancel/ refund prior to 6mos.? Many thanks in advance for response.

On the refundable future booking deposits, ours has always been automatically refunded. On our last sailing in February, all they offered were non-refundable future bookings deposits so we didn't purchase any of those.

1 minute ago, Galaxy2004 said:

On the refundable future booking deposits, ours has always been automatically refunded. On our last sailing in February, all they offered were non-refundable future bookings deposits so we didn't purchase any of those.

Thanks! Not  a lot of money so we will wait for refund. 

Just doing a quick calculation -   If you purchased the Future Cruise Certificate in October the 6 months for a refund does not happen until April.  

I purchased 2 myself in December and have only booked one cruise so will also be watching for a refund after 6 months.    With the new terms of no refund of the deposit they will be the last ones I buy.   At times I think Celebrity enjoys shooting themself in the foot.

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The automatic refund is after 12 months if no cruise is selected. The 6 month date is when the extra OBC is forfeited. 

Ouch, that is a bit different. I will call X.  Hopefully they won't have a charge to talk to agent. :classic_biggrin:

Glad I checked. Unbeknownst to me X had transferred the FCC to the national TA I used for the particular trip. I knew you could specify a TA when you made an aboard booking but didn't think a transfer would be made to them without request. Anyway they (TA) found it and refunded. The TA intimated it was kind of in a 'black hole' based on the way it was transferred and doubted there would have been any mechanism for refund automatically.

• Like 1