Winemakers dinner

Goldenrosebags

3 hours ago, GeeGee0825 said:

For those that booked the Caymus dinner, once on board, where did you go to book the dinner? The MDR? Also, was the Caymus dinner offered only once or multiple nights? We’re on the Sun Princess this summer and looking to book other specialty restaurants in advance (whenever reservations eventually open!). The uncertainty of which nights it will be offered makes planning a little more challenging!

Call the dine line from your cabin to book. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm on Sapphire so it would just be Chef's table. How do we book that?

There was a table in front of Crooners with menus (and prices) for all the different meals. Then you call the dining line to get on the wait list. And they call you back on the in-room phone if you get selected, not a message via the app. (Was also on Sapphire.)

Edited by cadien
Additional detail

Whilst on the Enchanted we were approached during dinner one evening by one of the Dining Room Managers we knew from a previous cruise who inquired if we would be interested in attending.  Told him yes, and he took care of the rest of it.  An invitation was delivered to our cabin with the date, time, and location with a note to RSVP to the dine line.  When we called the dine line they did inquire if anyone in our group/party had any food allergies.

22 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Recently did the Caymus Winemakers Dinner (Enchanted Princess, November 2023).  In our opinion and that of our travel companions, it was fun to do one time but not something we would repeat.  We were neither impressed with the wine nor the food it was paired with and quite honestly felt that the food choices did not complement the selected wines at all and vice versa.

It was, however, a fun, although a tad expensive, way to spend an evening but for us once was enough, at least with the Caymus wines.

Thanks for sharing your opinions about the Caymus WMD…was it in one of the midship dining room’s Wine Cellars like the Silverado WMD on the Royal-class ships?

I had no plans to go to the Caymus version at more than triple the cost of the Silverado version & your experience confirms my opinion about another expensive Princess experience.

29 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for sharing your opinions about the Caymus WMD…was it in one of the midship dining room’s Wine Cellars like the Silverado WMD on the Royal-class ships?

I had no plans to go to the Caymus version at more than triple the cost of the Silverado version & your experience confirms my opinion about another expensive Princess experience.

No, at least when we did it on the Enchanted in November it was held in the Crown Grill which they closed for any other reservations that evening.

9 hours ago, BabySarge said:

No, at least when we did it on the Enchanted in November it was held in the Crown Grill which they closed for any other reservations that evening.

Thanks…wow…closed the CG for a dinner for 12. 😳 That’s bizarre when they have two midship Wine Cellars that were used for the Silverado version.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…wow…closed the CG for a dinner for 12. 😳 That’s bizarre when they have two midship Wine Cellars that were used for the Silverado version.

When we went on Discovery, the entire venue was booked; not limited to 12.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:58 AM, PacnGoNow said:

No, wine tasting is different.

The WMD is $140 plus 18% for a Caymus wine dinner.  Silverado WMD was $40, but have not seen that one since March 2023 on the Enchanted.  We’ve checked on every cruise. 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:40 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

No...there are actually 2 different Winemaker's Dinners. We have never done the $140 Caymus Winemakers Dinner...apparently Caymus is a much more expensive wine than what is served in the "other" (original) Dinner. We have done that $40 Dinner several times. We think it's a great value and look to see if it is available on every cruise we do.

Are you guys sure that old dinner is still $40?  Seems hard to believe with EVERY OTHER dining situation up in price.  I recently saw a $45 price point posted, but even that seems like it should be $49/$50 based on other increases.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I imagine they filled all the tables.  Been at something similar in Sabi's some years back and they filled all the tables.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Are you guys sure that old dinner is still $40?  Seems hard to believe with EVERY OTHER dining situation up in price.  I recently saw a $45 price point posted, but even that seems like it should be $49/$50 based on other increases.

No, like I said, I have not seen the Silverado WMD offered $40, offered since March 2023.  I always call and ask them once OB.  They’ve only had Caymus WMD ar $140 plus 18%.  I don’t know if it even exists anymore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

When we went on Discovery, the entire venue was booked; not limited to 12.  

1 hour ago, BabySarge said:

@Astro Flyer there was more than 12 when we did the Winemakers Dinner.  Pretty much every table was filled at the CG.  

Thanks for the correction…with no recent reports of the Silverado version (shows $45 on the current dining options list) wonder what they’re using the Wine Cellar areas for in the 2 midship MDRs.

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks for the correction…with no recent reports of the Silverado version (shows $45 on the current dining options list) wonder what they’re using the Wine Cellar areas for in the 2 midship MDRs.

The new $150 Caymus one?

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The new $150 Caymus one?

Based on reports from those who have experienced the Caymus version, it’s $140 (plus now 18% tip) and the CG was closed for the evening for that dinner.

18 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on reports from those who have experienced the Caymus version, it’s $140 (plus now 18% tip) and the CG was closed for the evening for that dinner.

I read it that it was the whole restaurant for the old WMD.

On Caymus, I guess I was thinking it was $149 like the other high-end experientials.  I guess we should be quoting this as $165 now since old price included grats.

42 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The new $150 Caymus one?

that's what they were charging on the majestic last Nov. They had to cancel, I think I was the only who signed up.

Edited by c-boy
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, c-boy said:

that's what they were charging on the majestic last Nov. They had to cancel, I think I was the only who signed up.

Also on the Sapphire last Nov 23, at $149 pp, Caymus WMD. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I read it that it was the whole restaurant for the old WMD.

On Caymus, I guess I was thinking it was $149 like the other high-end experientials.  I guess we should be quoting this as $165 now since old price included grats.

I’ve greatly enjoyed many of the Silverado versions which were in the 12 person Wine Cellars located in both midship MDRs.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d398d9c50d16262fed1122d98ddf5ab.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is from their current dining list on their website which doesn’t necessarily mean it accurately reflects onboard availability & pricing.

IMG_8358.jpeg

It hasn’t been updated.  Because they offered Caymus on Sapphire in Nov for $149 PP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Also on the Sapphire last Nov 23, at $149 pp, Caymus WMD. 

I kept ogling at the site of it ...

20231125_093427.thumb.jpg.72d799d1e4aa1b8c8d945603a5904a31.jpg

Finally  I just bought it

20231125_193000.thumb.jpg.037d3611d865e7be2e0f436d4dc5e2c0.jpg

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This is from their current dining list on their website which doesn’t necessarily mean it accurately reflects onboard availability & pricing.

IMG_8358.jpeg

We were charged 140 pp on our Discovery trip.  the entire thing was booked solid by the end of the first night.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’ve greatly enjoyed many of the Silverado versions which were in the 12 person Wine Cellars located in both midship MDRs.

Mine had been Mondavi, but same idea.