NCL stock up over $3.11 today 27 Feb 24

I guess I’m the oddball here. I sail NCL, but all of my “cruise” stock is with RCL! Go figure!

Doesn’t make a lot of sense, but hey, it works for me! 😎

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wncretired said:

I guess I’m the oddball here. I sail NCL, but all of my “cruise” stock is with RCL! Go figure!

I've never sailed RCL.  Only CCL (in the early 90's) and NCL since 2017.  But I bought a few hundred shares of RCL in 2020 when I added the NCL to our portfolio...  My only regret was not adding more!  (But I still don't plan on sailing them!  LOL)

1 hour ago, wncretired said:

I guess I’m the oddball here. I sail NCL, but all of my “cruise” stock is with RCL!

If you sail NCL, why aren't you owning 100 shares for this great deal?  That makes zero sense.

7 hours ago, wncretired said:

glad you mentioned this. I just sold a property and wanted to invest and would love to put some in NCL, but RCL looks to be the better investment.

10 hours ago, EngrJones said:

If you sail NCL, why aren't you owning 100 shares for this great deal?  That makes zero sense.

I sail NCL and I know first hand what kind of company it is and what it offers. Other than to get the OBC I wouldn’t get more NCLH. And the stock price? It’s actually negated some of the OBC. I’d make a profit but then it’d go back down.  RCCL has been a consistently good performer.  CCL not so much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistertomatoe said:

I sail NCL and I know first hand what kind of company it is and what it offers. Other than to get the OBC I wouldn’t get more NCLH. And the stock price? It’s actually negated some of the OBC. I’d make a profit but then it’d go back down.  RCCL has been a consistently good performer.  CCL not so much.

Why not just buy the 100 shares and get the OBC every cruise?  I couldn't care less what the NCLH stock price does.  Like many individual stocks, it goes up, down and all around.  This is not a significant investment.

13 minutes ago, EngrJones said:

Why not just buy the 100 shares and get the OBC every cruise?  I couldn't care less what the NCLH stock price does.  Like many individual stocks, it goes up, down and all around.  This is not a significant investment.

Agree.
Since we just have the stock for OBC I had inadvertently left it off our information for the college financial aid. In my travel focused mind it’s a vacation perk not an investment. Luckily my husband reminded me before I hit the submit button.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, EngrJones said:

You are correct! It does make zero sense. 

I guess I should have said, I am currently sailing NCL. (last 5 cruises). I am not married to any one cruise line. Sailed RCL over 20 times, CCL many times, HAL, Princess, Celebrity, etc. many times. With that said, I think I will go ahead and purchase my 100 shares of NCL.  What have I got to lose? (Except maybe $2,000 😂)

7 hours ago, wncretired said:

.......... I think I will go ahead and purchase my 100 shares of NCL.  What have I got to lose? (Except maybe $2,000 😂)

If it makes you feel any better, I bought 100 shares of CCL for the OBC benefit back when it was trading for over $60.😳 Do the math, I'm too depressed over that acquisition..................😭

Doug

Ok, I’m all in. Just purchased 100 shares of NCL at $19.26 per share. Got a 21 day Panama Canal cruise coming up in April. Should be an easy $250 credit.

At this rate the stock price would have to drop over 13% before I start losing $$$. And my philosophy is that if it drops 13%, buy another 100 shares or more. Wouldn’t change my OBC any, but would up the odds that I would see a profit on the investment. It’s all a gamble, but one that I’m willing to take! 

5 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I bought 100 shares of CCL for the OBC benefit back when it was trading for over $60.😳 Do the math, I'm too depressed over that acquisition..................😭

Doug

OUCH!!! ☹️