NCL stock up over $3.11 today 27 Feb 24

24 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

100 shares would be up over $311 today.  I can only think this is because of reports NCL now charging $25 for additional lobster tails in Haven.  

23 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

That's a joke about the lobster tails.

Finally some Levity, thanks.
You could add cookies, dsc, crepes in buffet only on next to last day of cruise, and several other items. 

1 minute ago, cheersforbeers said:

Finally some Levity, thanks.
You could add cookies, dsc, crepes in buffet only on next to last day of cruise, and several other items. 

Probably should buy more stock.  I'm sure it will go up more once  the news about the cookies and hashbrowns hits Wall Street.

300% more and it'll be back to its prepandemic price. 

Seriously, read the transcript of the earnings call, there is no reason for them to improve anything for the guest. I guess this is the new normal for us. Prices will only go up and service and experience down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suppose I could buy my own cookies and hash browns with today's gain, but I wouldn't have the entertainment value of watching others at the buffet pat down the pastries or apples with their hands after having touched their own nether regions. 

• Haha 1

Stock has significantly lagged behind its peers, particularly Royal. But now some general cause for optimism that the company is no longer in a looming disaster scenario. NCL really couldn’t have weathered an additional year shutdown, but it’s on a positive trajectory. The balance sheet should be sufficiently deleveraged in three years time to pre pandemic levels and then the aggressive cutting can likely stop as they ‘discover’ guest satisfaction can be improved with judicious spending.

Hashbrowns and cookies galore in 2027!

7 minutes ago, BrianLo said:

Hashbrowns and cookies galore in 2027!

It could be sooner. Occupancy rates won't stay at 100% forever. Eventually NCL will need to attract more customers, and cheap cookies and hashbrowns (among other things) would be an easy start. Imagine the joy and positive threads when they return!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FPMoosally said:

It could be sooner. Occupancy rates won't stay at 100% forever. Eventually NCL will need to attract more customers, and cheap cookies and hashbrowns (among other things) would be an easy start. Imagine the joy and positive threads when they return!

Yes, I definitely think the worst of it is behind us. I was joking about 2027 somewhat. Additional cost savings seem to be stuff behind the scenes, like fuel and reducing food waste with better metrics. 

The company will have cleared its highest interest debt and its secured debt by year end, which will allow it to relax a little bit moving forward into subsequent years.

The investor day in May should be interesting as they can start talking a little more about the future and not merely tread water. In some ways we are lucky they had so many ships on order as I think they definitely would have fallen behind their peers with ship orders, otherwise. I think in a few years some of the capital investment starts flowing, would be interesting to see if the Dawn/Sun classes get some Spirit-like money thrown their way for refurbs to increase their longevity.

1 hour ago, BrianLo said:

Yes, I definitely think the worst of it is behind us. I was joking about 2027 somewhat. Additional cost savings seem to be stuff behind the scenes, like fuel and reducing food waste with better metrics. 

The company will have cleared its highest interest debt and its secured debt by year end, which will allow it to relax a little bit moving forward into subsequent years.

The investor day in May should be interesting as they can start talking a little more about the future and not merely tread water. In some ways we are lucky they had so many ships on order as I think they definitely would have fallen behind their peers with ship orders, otherwise. I think in a few years some of the capital investment starts flowing, would be interesting to see if the Dawn/Sun classes get some Spirit-like money thrown their way for refurbs to increase their longevity.

Funny you say the worst is behind literally the same day it comes out that there's a cut to something that will annoy some of its highest margin guests. 

Having studied travel related companies pretty closely for 20+ years my take is completely the opposite.   They're going to look at the cuts and the occupancy and think the cuts have had no effect to passengers and only increases the bottom line.   I think they're going to cut even more!  There's no reason for them not to until occupancy levels drop.

As I've said before, prices and quality will drop until there's a recession and people slow on the rate they book cruises.

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

100 shares would be up over $311 today.  I can only think this is because of reports NCL now charging $25 for additional lobster tails in Haven.  

I actually laughed out loud!! 
i bet the stock surge can be summed up in 2 words:

Hash

Browns

well done Rocket!!!

12 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Having studied travel related companies pretty closely for 20+ years my take is completely the opposite.   They're going to look at the cuts and the occupancy and think the cuts have had no effect to passengers and only increases the bottom line.   I think they're going to cut even more!  There's no reason for them not to until occupancy levels drop.

As I've said before, prices and quality will drop until there's a recession and people slow on the rate they book cruises.

BINGO!🤑

Sad but true. When a company produces more product that it can sell (100% occupancy), there is little reason to change anything to make the product more attractive to potential customers. Basic economics.

We too have been cruising for a long time, over 30 years in our case, and we still love it, but occasionally I wonder if we ought to continue. My poor wife will be very disappointed if there are no triangular "hash browns" on our cruise next month.😪 I can hold out a little longer as long as they continue to have excellent croissants.😎

Doug

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

BINGO!🤑

Sad but true. When a company produces more product that it can sell (100% occupancy), there is little reason to change anything to make the product more attractive to potential customers. Basic economics.

We too have been cruising for a long time, over 30 years in our case, and we still love it, but occasionally I wonder if we ought to continue. My poor wife will be very disappointed if there are no triangular "hash browns" on our cruise next month.😪 I can hold out a little longer as long as they continue to have excellent croissants.😎

Doug

Most itineraries  have a McDonalds at at least one of their ports.  For now anyway your wife will need to get her hash brown fix there.

• Like 1

I believe if the shutdown lasted another year (maybe less) the entire cruise industry would look much different (and worse) than it does today.  Like cruise management (on all cruise lines) or hate them, they did indeed weather the storm.  And, they've come out the other side without being buried alive.

I sold my shares a few months ago at $18/share.  Got a lot of OBC from it, too.  Bought in at $11.  Should I have held on a little longer?  Knowing what I do now, YES.  But, I'm happy with what my ROI.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, expectthebest said:

Also please remember in the US it’s Tax Return Season where most of the NCL target market will be getting 4-7k dollars come April- May and will want to spend the money on something!!!!

Lol not this year! My income has not changed last year got $1900 back this year $761! My poor granddaughter head of household owes $5k a lot of shock going around this year

3 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Most itineraries  have a McDonalds at at least one of their ports.  For now anyway your wife will need to get her hash brown fix there.

HA, we're not quite that desperate.....yet!😎

16 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Funny you say the worst is behind literally the same day it comes out that there's a cut to something that will annoy some of its highest margin guests. 

Perhaps true. But from a real managerial perspective, that process should go very slowly.

If you cut to the point that your sales level drops, you're going to have a tarnished reputation in the market place - and that could take quite a while to then build it back up. Could take months, likely years to reverse such a decline.

Hear that NCL? Slice with caution.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

The costs per share have nothing to do with the value of the company or the enjoyment of a cruise.

I'm certain that you mean "relative costs per share," and I agree with you 100%.  That said, today's cost per share has everything to do with the value of the company.  

Market Valuation = # outstanding shares x current price per share