Easiest way to change key cards - teens in own room?

taboom

To book, we had to put an adult in each room, but in reality we’d like to have the teens share a room and the adults in our own room. What’s my best option here at check in? Thanks for any help from people who have done this before 🙂 

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You're just getting extra keys for the rooms. You are not getting keys so the teens can be in a room without someone over 21 years old. Got it?

Well, that’s how it works, NCL suggests booking the cabins this way and guest services is happy to provide those extra keys.

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You're just getting extra keys for the rooms. You are not getting keys so the teens can be in a room without someone over 21 years old. Got it?

4 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Well, that’s how it works, NCL suggests booking the cabins this way and guest services is happy to provide those extra keys.

Y'all just had this conversation like two weeks ago. Does anyone really care? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You have beaten this dead horse more than enough lately. 

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yikes! Sorry, I haven’t been on here in a while and did a quick search but couldn’t find anything. Sorry if I upset you…..LOL 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Remember, both rooms may not be allocated to the same muster station, so each room aka one adult & one child need to go to one and the other room to the other muster station.

Good point! We are directly across the hall from each other so should be ok….but I will check that! Thanks!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Got it! Thank you!! 😏

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, taboom said:

Yikes! Sorry, I haven’t been on here in a while and did a quick search but couldn’t find anything. Sorry if I upset you…..LOL 😂

Haha...it's Cruise Critic. Nothing upsets me...well, almost nothing. Your post certainly didn't upset me. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 12:52 PM, cruiseny4life said:

i do.

i don't care much about having the convo again, but i do care if two unchaperoned teens or tweens or minors or whatnot are in the room next to me or down the hall from me... having late night parties, running down the hall, sitting in the hallways with their friends, making noise.

and if the parents are not concerned about that, i'd think they'd be concerned if one of their kids had a medical emergency in the middle of the night or if the kids had too much to drink and had an accident or were horsing around on a balcony and something tragic happened.

this is like parents who allow their kids to run up and down the aisle on an airplane... apart from annoying the hell out of other passengers, the parents have no concern for the safety of their own children!

bottom line: NCL prohibits minors in a room by themselves.

what part of that do people not understand? what is so unique or special about their situation that they think bending of the rules is appropriate?

from NCL's FAQs:

Traveling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

• Minors – an individual under the age of 18 on the day of embarkation/boarding.
  • Young Adult– an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian Cruise Line representative at the pier prior to boarding.

Edited by UKstages
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

i do.

i don't care much about having the convo again, but i do care if two unchaperoned teens or tweens or minors or whatnot are in the room next to me or down the hall from me... having late night parties, running down the hall, sitting in the hallways with their friends, making noise.

and if the parents are not concerned about that, i'd think they'd be concerned if one of their kids had a medical emergency in the middle of the night or if the kids had too much to drink and had an accident or were horsing around on a balcony and something tragic happened.

this is like parents who allow their kids to run up and down the aisle on an airplane... apart from annoying the hell out of other passengers, the parents have no concern for the safety of their own children!

bottom line: NCL prohibits minors in a room by themselves.

what part of that do people not understand? what is so unique or special about their situation that they think bending of the rules is appropriate?

from NCL's FAQs:

Traveling with Minors and Young Adults:
Norwegian Cruise Line's policy dictates that a minor or young adult under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom (or a connecting/adjoining stateroom) by a guest 21 years of age or older at the time of boarding.

• Minors – an individual under the age of 18 on the day of embarkation/boarding.
  • Young Adult– an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian Cruise Line representative at the pier prior to boarding.

Just for fun, try and book 2 cabins with 2 minors, you will be told by the ncl representative that you need to book someone 21 or over in each cabin, but to go to guest services and get additional keys made ncl doesn’t care where people sleep. Just because you don’t want it to be this way doesn’t mean that this isn’t the way it actually works. Virgin is calling your name….

• Like 3

On 2/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, taboom said:

It is definitely not you. It is the grumpy people who think that they are contributing by bashing people answering questions. 

• Like 2