Indonesian VoA question

This has probably been discussed but I cant seem to find it. I would like to know if it is possible to apply for the Indonesia VoA visa well  in advance unlike the 3 day SG arrival card.From what I have read Indonesia VoA  seems a bit more involved than the SG one. I am spending 5 days in Singapore before the repositioning cruise with Royal C.  I would like to have the VoA pass sorted out well before I leave Australia. From what I can make out you need to have it to allow you to embark at Singapore.

Cheers John

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Try here.

Thank you,I did find and read all of those post earlier and it was very helpful. The information I am actually looking for is how many weeks before travelling can I apply. I am not very good with computers and it sounds like it is a bit involved and would love to get that part of it out of the way as early as I can. Do they start the countdown for your 1 day  stay from the time of application or the date of arrival ?  Would have been good for me if the ship handled it like the earlier days.

Cheers John. 

40 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thank you,I did find and read all of those post earlier and it was very helpful. The information I am actually looking for is how many weeks before travelling can I apply. I am not very good with computers and it sounds like it is a bit involved and would love to get that part of it out of the way as early as I can. Do they start the countdown for your 1 day  stay from the time of application or the date of arrival ?  Would have been good for me if the ship handled it like the earlier days.

Cheers John. 

It’s 7or8 months and there’s talk they are going to change it.

I would leave it for a while.

Ships usually handle it. They did on my HAL cruise last year for those who did not do it themselves. I have just had a look at my roll call posts for my 2 Jan 2023 cruise and saw that I did my visa application about two weeks before departure. There was much discussion about the Visa application process in December prior. There was no mention, that I recall, of how far in advance you can apply. It would or should be mentioned somehere on the Indonesian gov site i.e. validity time period.

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

It’s 7or8 months and there’s talk they are going to change it.

I would leave it for a while.

Thanks that would be great. Good advice 👍

Edited by JohnGc

17 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Ships usually handle it. They did on my HAL cruise last year for those who did not do it themselves. I have just had a look at my roll call posts for my 2 Jan 2023 cruise and saw that I did my visa application about two weeks before departure. There was much discussion about the Visa application process in December prior. There was no mention, that I recall, of how far in advance you can apply. It would or should be mentioned somehere on the Indonesian gov site i.e. validity time period.

Did look on the Indonesian Site mentioned 30 days validity but could not see when it applied. 

Thanks John.

28 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Did look on the Indonesian Site mentioned 30 days validity but could not see when it applied. 

Thanks John.

That would apply from date of entry.

55 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks John.

Those government sites can be a bit hard to understand,they can be vague.

Theres a couple of articles getting around that a lot of Asian countries are going to drop entry requirements. Indonesia was one of them .

https://www.spicenews.com.au/industry-news/indonesia-to-remove-visa-requirements-for-australians/#:~:text=The visa waiver would be,this can't be extended.

Edited by Chiliburn

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Theres a couple of articles getting around that a lot of Asian countries are going to drop entry requirements. Indonesia was one of them .

https://www.spicenews.com.au/industry-news/indonesia-to-remove-visa-requirements-for-australians/#:~:text=The visa waiver would be,this can't be extended.

Thanks Chilliburn, that would be great if they do that before the cruise. For what I gather if you have an English passport you don't have to bother. I am not to good with computers, I do get by but when you are in your 80s the old brains are not so sharp, thank goodness I have you guys to help me out. CC and the family have been invaluable to me.😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks Chilliburn, that would be great if they do that before the cruise. For what I gather if you have an English passport you don't have to bother. I am not to good with computers, I do get by but when you are in your 80s the old brains are not so sharp, thank goodness I have you guys to help me out. CC and the family have been invaluable to me.😊

I would hate a world cruise or something,just imagine the red tape !

I was chatting with a few people that come on Celebrity Edge reposition.It’s a Royal Caribbean Group ship and they said if you didn’t have the correct paperwork the ship did it for you. They charged but it was reasonable.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I was chatting with a few people that come on Celebrity Edge reposition.It’s a Royal Caribbean Group ship and they said if you didn’t have the correct paperwork the ship did it for you. They charged but it was reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That would be a nightmare for me if I had to all the paperwork, paying them would be worth it to save the headaches.

49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

This part sounds confusing  ( Currently, Australians visiting Indonesia don’t require a visa if staying for less than 30 days, however this can’t be extended. For stays longer than 30 days, a Visa on Arrival is needed.)  Are they talking about the same arrival VoA that we need for 1 day ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The information from princess we have is that it's organised by the cruise line & a visa fee will be added to our account. We cruise Brisbane to Singapore stopping at Lombok. 

I took a screenshot to put up but have no idea how to.

Thanks joejoe 59. I am the same with computers that why I have to ask all these questions 😁 I have already contacted Royal Caribbean who unfortunately  informed me that we have to get the Indonesian visa on line ourselves before the cruise.☹️ 

Edited by JohnGc