App?

srb162

IMO, they seem quite happy just using a local server as as webpage front-end to all the info they wish to present.  Which is a static presentation.

Just what would you want in an "app" that you aren't getting now?  And why would Crystal invest the time and expense in creating such a thing?  (So we can learn your perspective).

Personally, it currently tells me everything that I would need.

Are you talking about an App for use off the ship? What content would you be looking for on it that’s not on the Crystal Cruises website?

For when you’re on the ship there’s already an intranet site you can access when connected to the ships network - here’s a couple of shots of what’s available 

IMG_1472.thumb.jpeg.e589fee3403f360dc87c03940d385d9e.jpeg

IMG_1473.thumb.jpeg.e02a48ad35de415591259d5cad6f1a45.jpeg

Seabourn has an app called the Source that you can login to before the trip to see a countdown, choose excursions, make dinner reservations and check the itinerary. While onboard you use the same app to connect with passengers and other features. That’s what I was wondering…

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 4:37 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Just what would you want in an "app" that you aren't getting now?  And why would Crystal invest the time and expense in creating such a thing?  (So we can learn your perspective).

Personally, it currently tells me everything that I would need.

A generational thing, perhaps? 

I tried to steer my 50-yr old friend to the boards here at Cruise Critic for her upcoming Princess cruise (she uses FB to learn/research/connect). But her response was “I never use a computer. I only use apps on my phone”. 

While she can use her phone to read Cruise Critic, my 65-yr old self just took the comment as more of a generational preference. 🤔🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, srb162 said:

Seabourn has an app called the Source that you can login to before the trip to see a countdown, choose excursions, make dinner reservations and check the itinerary. While onboard you use the same app to connect with passengers and other features. That’s what I was wondering…

...and most importantly, you can see the menus for all of the restaurants for the ship that you are scheduled to be on for your next cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, srb162 said:

Sure hope it works a lot better than it did when I sailed on SB.  It was buggy, incomplete and close to useless.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Sure hope it works a lot better than it did when I sailed on SB.  It was buggy, incomplete and close to useless.

It’s worked fine for me the past 2 years

• Like 1

Twin sister and I sailed SB in September and the app was a daily nuisance.  I had to go to guest services to have it “fixed” several times and ended up ignoring the app.

It was very annoying, yet SB touts it as an all purpose and valuable tool and source of information. 

• Like 1

I agree with @FlyerTalker.  The Seabourn app was a major pain.  For example, it was the ONLY way to access our excursion tickets, and mine could not get them.  Fortunately, my husband could and we both had to use his app for excursions.  I hope that if Crystal goes down that road, they do a much better job.