Booked for MSC YC on Seashore!

Andy0215

We are excited to have our next cruise booked. We previously sailed on NCL Epic in Haven and we really enjoyed our trip. I went to look to book another and found prices nearly double what I had paid for our trip for same time frame and ship (also considerably more than double a deluxe YC suite when I added comparable drinks and spa access). I then discovered YC and after reading as much as I could we booked a trip on Seashore. It’s not even close to being soon, it’s in early 2025. 

I think I got most of the info I need. We got a status match (no reason to other than it got us to the first tier for a small discount with MSC) and I am waiting to get a discount now for my wife being a teacher. 

I guess I will be hanging around this board some now. Thanks in advance for your help to questions I will probably soon have and I look forward to participating here!

• Like 1

If you have any questions or concerns when comparing Yacht Club to Haven, feel free to ask.

I've sailed Seashore out of Miami and out of Port Canaveral. 99% of Seascape info applies to Seashore so most Seascape reviews could also be helpful. Seaside/Seaview are a bit different than the 2 larger Sea***** ships but some of the Yacht Club info could help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Seashore is my favorite MSC ship so far! And the YC experience is amazing.

One drawback, at the One Pool, if you want shade, you have to move chairs by the "funnel" I guess you'd call it. It's a big a/c air intake, so that also makes for a nice breeze to keep you from getting too hot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, psmarkle said:

One drawback, at the One Pool, if you want shade, you have to move chairs by the "funnel" I guess you'd call it. It's a big a/c air intake, so that also makes for a nice breeze to keep you from getting too hot.

Wonderful to hear that, we are Yacht Club for first time end of this month, very excited, familiar with MSC, sailed 12 times but never Yacht Club. 

15 hours ago, psmarkle said:

Funny the Seashore is my LEAST favorite MSC YC.  To each his own!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 9:53 AM, Andy0215 said:

We are excited to have our next cruise booked. We previously sailed on NCL Epic in Haven and we really enjoyed our trip. I went to look to book another and found prices nearly double what I had paid for our trip for same time frame and ship (also considerably more than double a deluxe YC suite when I added comparable drinks and spa access). I then discovered YC and after reading as much as I could we booked a trip on Seashore. It’s not even close to being soon, it’s in early 2025. 

I think I got most of the info I need. We got a status match (no reason to other than it got us to the first tier for a small discount with MSC) and I am waiting to get a discount now for my wife being a teacher. 

I guess I will be hanging around this board some now. Thanks in advance for your help to questions I will probably soon have and I look forward to participating here!

Great. You will love it.

Just use a TA or transfer it to one. Don't risk it on MSC on your own.

Edited by mscdivina2016
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We were in the YC on the Seashore and loved it. Take advantage of the thermal suite. The pool there is wonderful.

Is Thermal Suite Pool in Spa?

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We were in the YC on the Seashore and loved it. Take advantage of the thermal suite. The pool there is wonderful.

This was something we paid to add to our previous NCL trip in the haven and we enjoyed it every day if only for a short period. We will do the same with this one as well, I’m just glad it’s not at an additional cost like that was.