Differences in layout of ships.

I noticed a difference in layout for the Oosterdam and the Noordam despite them being the same class ship.

I preferred  the Noordam's layout as it had a Cafe by the library on the 3rd deck, so you could get coffee there or up in the Crows nest. The Oosterdam only had the Cafe up in the Crows nest which made the queues very long for most of the morning.

I wonder is the Westerdam and Zuiderdam like the Noordam or the Oosterdam

23 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I noticed a difference in layout for the Oosterdam and the Noordam despite them being the same class ship.

I preferred  the Noordam's layout as it had a Cafe by the library on the 3rd deck, so you could get coffee there or up in the Crows nest. The Oosterdam only had the Cafe up in the Crows nest which made the queues very long for most of the morning.

I wonder is the Westerdam and Zuiderdam like the Noordam or the Oosterdam

Westerdam and Zuiderdam are like the Oosterdam IIRC.

• Like 2

Great topic, looking forward to finding out what might be major difference in the layouts  (mainly public rooms) among and within the various class ships:

1. R-class - Zaandam, Volendam

2. Vista - Noordam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam  - the compass rose ships

3. Signature - Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam

4. Pinnacle  - Konigsdam, Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam

---Certainly the additional specialty dining options on Signature and Pinnacle class ships.

---Club Orange separate dining room and Dutch Cafe on Pinnacle

---Explorations Cafe and Libraries seem to be all over the place on Vista ships

---Dedicated "Music Walk" on Pinnacle ships

Which ones have the Gallery Bar

33 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Great topic, looking forward to finding out what might be major difference in the layouts  (mainly public rooms) among and within the various class ships:

Vista - Noordam, Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam 

Which ones have the Gallery Bar

Noordam doesn't  but the Oosterdam does, so I suppose the Westerdam and Zuiderdam do as well.

It seems like there is considerably less info on the Noordam than on other Vista class ships on CC.  Although the youngest of the Vista class, its odd she seems to be the only one still with Northern Lights nightclub. 

A minor annoyance of mine with HAL is that they tend to send their vista class ships in the wrong direction from their names?  What I mean is that the Noordam spends a lot of time in the southern hemisphere and the westerdam spends a lot of time in asia's far east.  Several years ago the Oosterdam was mostly positioned on the west coast of the Americas - although she's now mostly in Europe, but also spends a lot of time in south america.  Names don't mean much, but I've always found it odd.  Not as odd as Princess sending the Caribbean Princess to Alaska next year...😆

• Haha 1

There was supposed to be a 5th Vista class ship, but was instead was sent to Cunard, and then again sent to P&O before finally sailing as the Arcadia.  The layout of the Arcadia is similar to Noordam but appears to have the addition of the Signature class' Tamarind restaurant and bar area.

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

It seems like there is considerably less info on the Noordam than on other Vista class ships on CC.  Although the youngest of the Vista class, its odd she seems to be the only one still with Northern Lights nightclub. 

A minor annoyance of mine with HAL is that they tend to send their vista class ships in the wrong direction from their names?  What I mean is that the Noordam spends a lot of time in the southern hemisphere and the westerdam spends a lot of time in asia's far east.  Several years ago the Oosterdam was mostly positioned on the west coast of the Americas - although she's now mostly in Europe, but also spends a lot of time in south america.  Names don't mean much, but I've always found it odd.  Not as odd as Princess sending the Caribbean Princess to Alaska next year...😆

Noordam has been all over the world in her life. We sailed on her twice...once in the Cariibean, once in the Med. The name has nothing to do with where she sails.

15 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Noordam has been all over the world in her life. We sailed on her twice...once in the Cariibean, once in the Med. The name has nothing to do with where she sails.

Very true