Donna Summer removed from Prima?

12 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Very true.  BUT sometimes you are deciding between several options and the choice of entertainment will factor into which ship/line you will book.  And if you decided on a particular ship and perhaps even paid more for it as opposed to other choices you considered, you might just be a teeny bit peeved.

Exactly! I couldn't wait to cruise on the Encore because of Kinky Boots. I finally was able to afford the cruise and they canceled. Now just hearing about Summer is kind of alarming. People who truly are not theater/ entertainment fans don't understand. 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:00 AM, Canbylancer said:

I am sailing on Prima on March 22nd.  They took Donna Summer off of the entertainment list.  NO shows now.  Anyone else see this on their sailings?

I am not surprised, she died in 2012.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Canbylancer said:

Just got off ship.  They had 3 shows of summer.  8pm on Saturday.  And 7 and 930 on Tuesday.  Price is right was 2 shows on last night.

Yay, great news and thank you for sharing!

11 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Very true.  BUT sometimes you are deciding between several options and the choice of entertainment will factor into which ship/line you will book.  And if you decided on a particular ship and perhaps even paid more for it as opposed to other choices you considered, you might just be a teeny bit peeved.

Exactly! I couldn't wait to cruise on the Encore because of Kinky Boots. I finally was able to afford the cruise and they canceled. Now just hearing about Summer is kind of alarming. People who truly are not theater/ entertainment fans don't understand. 

• Like 1

Also received rescheduling notice for both my Donna Summer reservation as well as my Price is Right reservation. No updated times provided. I booked these shows as early as I could so that they would fit into my speciality dining schedule.

Funny thing is I just checked my online NCL cruise planner and both reservations remain with my original selections?

6 minutes ago, als1428 said:

Also received rescheduling notice for both my Donna Summer reservation as well as my Price is Right reservation. No updated times provided. I booked these shows as early as I could so that they would fit into my speciality dining schedule.

Funny thing is I just checked my online NCL cruise planner and both reservations remain with my original selections?

The "booking" feature certainly leaves something to be desired. This is my 7th cruise with NCL and although I upgrade to the max on everything I am never able to reserve entertainment and only a few restaurants. I'll be sailing on the ship 04/16.

Posted (edited)

@JarsInColorado

Try the chat feature or call. I’ve been very successful doing that when I couldn’t book restaurants or entertainment online.took a couple call sometimes as different people are less than helpful but usually have been able to book on the 2nd attempt 

Edited by ColdCruise
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

@JarsInColorado

Try the chat feature or call. I’ve been very successful doing that when I couldn’t book restaurants or entertainment online.took a couple call sometimes as different people are less than helpful but usually have been able to book on the 2nd attempt 

Great ideas, I'll give it a go Monday when the office are back open. Thank you!

12 hours ago, JarsInColorado said:

Great ideas, I'll give it a go Monday when the office are back open. Thank you!

No need to wait until Monday, it’s all AI 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

removing the donna show? THE HORROR !

@complawyer

you gotta revel in the last solid production shows on Prima & Viva.

Just off the Sky a couple weeks ago and the 2 NCL in-house productions were not up to standard - just a string of old songs (mostly 70-80-90, predominantly 80s rock) with a very thin veneer of a story line gluing them together. Not awful but not great either.

I’d fine it acceptable in a 14 day cruise to have those IF  paired with one of NCL’s Broadway -style shows we’ve become accustomed to experiencing. However those 2 WERE the marquee shows, the rest were magic, juggling, comedy and a solo singer. And each of those seconds got 2 nights in the main theatre. They were good but ….