Donna Summer removed from Prima?

I think declarations of Donna be 86'ed are preliminary. It sounds as if the show was taken off the NCL app to pre-book ahead of the show. This happened on my November cruise, but the show still ran. There is still a lot of hope that you'll be able to watch Donna, pending injuries to the cast and a potential for NCL to cancel the show for whatever reason. Personally, I don't think it's canceled yet. 

@JarsInColorado, don't lose all hope yet. You may still be able to watch the show onboard. I hope you do! And, I hope you enjoy it! Look for the thermal suite post elsewhere on here where I waxed poetic about how wonderful the thermal features are. You'll enjoy that area, for sure! Unless you don't enjoy relaxing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

You actually have to opt in to being selected by going to the box office the afternoon of the show.  I ended up getting chosen on my cruise.

Hmmm...interesting. Everyone had to get those little name tag thingies and the announcers made a big deal of saying selection was random and could be anyone in the theatre. I think you cruised after us. Maybe they changed the procedure in December? Or, they just told us a bunch of hooie to make me nervous! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hmmm...interesting. Everyone had to get those little name tag thingies and the announcers made a big deal of saying selection was random and could be anyone in the theatre. I think you cruised after us. Maybe they changed the procedure in December? Or, they just told us a bunch of hooie to make me nervous! 

This was my experience too and I was on before you. My friend was called up and he did not go anywhere before hand to sign up. He won $600 cash!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It is random.  We did not go to box office to opt in and were quite surprised when my wife was selected.  Didn't win but did get a free t-shirt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Donna was on the Prima a few weeks ago.  Price is Right, not really a game show guy, but went anyway.  It was packed.  I hate to admit I had fun, but I did.

They were giving away a Corvette.  You won it if you got within a few hundred dollars of the Retail Sticker.  I did.  But alas, I wasn't called up.  

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

I’m on the Prima as we speak. No Donna Summer shows. There was a tech issue. But here’s the good news. They brought on extra comedians which I happen to love. Sure, I’d like to see a Broadway show too. However, out of all the things that could happen (we’ve experienced much worse), it’s not been horrible. As I type this, we’re on an excursion in Roatan at Sol & Mar Private Beach resort. I don’t recommend unless you are desperate. 

Costa Maya was a surprise. We’d never been there. We didn’t get off the ship but the water was the most gorgeous crystal blue. I wish we would have done an excursion there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beachlover1723likesluxury said:

I’m on the Prima as we speak. No Donna Summer shows. There was a tech issue. But here’s the good news. They brought on extra comedians which I happen to love. Sure, I’d like to see a Broadway show too. However, out of all the things that could happen (we’ve experienced much worse), it’s not been horrible. As I type this, we’re on an excursion in Roatan at Sol & Mar Private Beach resort. I don’t recommend unless you are desperate. 

Costa Maya was a surprise. We’d never been there. We didn’t get off the ship but the water was the most gorgeous crystal blue. I wish we would have done an excursion there. 

Thank you for the update and happy to hear you're having a great time! I've seen some great comedians on NCL, in fact I hired one for several years to do our company conferences! Enjoy!

8 minutes ago, JarsInColorado said:

Thank you for the update and happy to hear you're having a great time! I've seen some great comedians on NCL, in fact I hired one for several years to do our company conferences! Enjoy!

Thank you 🙂 You’ll still have a great time too. Definitely more pros than cons! On our ship right now, I only heard one woman having a meltdown about Donna Summer being removed. 🤣 The comedy shows have been so packed, they’ve had to turn guests away. They also had a magician/comedian, and he was fantastic! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

6 minutes ago, Beachlover1723likesluxury said:

Thank you 🙂 You’ll still have a great time too. Definitely more pros than cons! On our ship right now, I only heard one woman having a meltdown about Donna Summer being removed. 🤣 The comedy shows have been so packed, they’ve had to turn guests away. They also had a magician/comedian, and he was fantastic! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Yeah, I'm not so concerned about "Summer" as long as they have some other shows to replace it. I've seen it twice already on land, I just enjoy the music and think it's a great segway into the conversion to Studio 54. One time I was on a NCL ship and a woman was freaking out in the packed elevator that there was no Bible in the library. One guest asked her why she didn't bring her own. LOL Bon Voyage!!!

20 minutes ago, JarsInColorado said:

One time I was on a NCL ship and a woman was freaking out in the packed elevator that there was no Bible in the library.

she had better not sail on the prima... there is no library!

• Haha 1

Ha, people are a riot. That’s probably one of my fav things (besides the comedians…we have Jay Black & Jeff Harms on board right this week…they’ve done numerous shows everyday, over the last 4 days, in the theater & Improv and have been fantastic!!)—watching people! But, yep, Jars, you won’t miss Donna Summer. Our agenda has been so packed in the evenings, we’ve been racing to get to the next show (back to back from 6:15-10 every night). I have to remind myself…it’s vacation; relax! Tonight is the 1st night there’s only 1 event—Newlywed show which is hilarious to watch. 

Oh, & we went to Price is Right two nights ago. It was so fun! And I haven’t watched the TV version in years. Also, last night, watched the “Perfect Couple” game show. Also a riot because of the people’s personalities. I could never get up there in front of a packed audience in the atrium but I sure enjoyed watching them! 

So for those reading this thread that were hoping Donna Summer still would be showing, I’m sorry. I know it’s disappointing because we all have a vision of how we see our vacay going. But try some of the events you would have otherwise skipped. You may be pleasantly surprised! 😁 Happy cruising!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Beachlover1723likesluxury said:

I’m on the Prima as we speak. No Donna Summer shows. There was a tech issue. But

Thank you for the update.  As I feared, probably not going to happen for the next few weeks.  I know people have their opinions about shows, but I love the shows and make sure to hit different ships for the different main shows.  I was on the Encore last year, booked with Kinky boots only for it to get cancelled shortly before we went on the ship, no real replacement.  Was looking forward to it.  I will make the best of it because what else are you going to do.  Complain, who cares.  LOL.  

4 minutes ago, Canbylancer said:

Thank you for the update.  As I feared, probably not going to happen for the next few weeks.  I know people have their opinions about shows, but I love the shows and make sure to hit different ships for the different main shows.  I was on the Encore last year, booked with Kinky boots only for it to get cancelled shortly before we went on the ship, no real replacement.  Was looking forward to it.  I will make the best of it because what else are you going to do.  Complain, who cares.  LOL.  

Same thing happened last year on the Encore with me! At this point I'm sure by the time I sail on Viva they will have canceled Beetlejuice - just seems like the pattern now.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

she had better not sail on the prima... there is no library!

Although we have disagreed greatly about the Prima, I have to agree with you that that was a disappointment.

8 hours ago, hallux said:

wait, that's not in the drawer in the nightstand?  lol

Yes lol.  But, one of our fore fathers branded hotel/motel was Kemmons Wilson.  The motel chain he started over 65 years ago is now part of historical America.  Seriously…how many movie/song references mention Holiday Inn?  And, while the British operating company may not admit…the Holiday Inn brand is, and will be, the corner stone of their worldwide hotel brand portfolio.  

I used to listen to The Journey (The Very Best of Donna Summer) while prepping for trial to get myself hyped up.  This thread reminded me to listen to it on the way home from an appointment today, and now I feel incredible and just want to dance.  Here's one of my favorites, though there are many:  

• Like 1