Regent Splendor: Timing question regarding departure and arrival times listed on itinerary

Thanks ahead for anyone who can help me figure out some things.  I have a Spain to Rome trip with Regent Splendor in April, 2024.  As I plan my independent tours, is the departure time listed at each destination when I need to return to the ship or when the ship departs?  I'm trying to determine how much time I will have at each destination before I need to head back to the ship.

Also, when the cruise itinerary notes our last day of the cruise and states that we arrive in Civitavecchia at 6am, does that mean I can walk of the ship at 6am, since I do not need help with luggage, or should I expect to wait thirty minutes or so to make an exit?  

Again, thanks for any advice.  This is my first cruise with Regent and I do not want to assume anything.  

The arrival an departure times are generally quite accurate as those times are scheduled with the ports. However, just because the ship has arrived at a specific time does not mean that you are allowed to immediately depart. They must complete some docking tasks and may have to clear customs before you may depart the ship. Others may have a different point of view, but I would plan at least an hour to be able to walk off the ship with your own luggage.

• Like 1

Also, people who have Regent excursions will be allowed off first if the port is a tender port. You need to factor in some additional time if tendering. 

• Like 1

The listed departure time is when the ship is scheduled to cast off. All Aboard time is generally thirty minutes before that for passengers although I would certainly allow some extra buffer time. 

Bear in mind that arrival and departure times can change based on a variety of factors during the cruise. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Also, people who have Regent excursions will be allowed off first if the port is a tender port. You need to factor in some additional time if tendering. 

So good to know, thanks!  

Edited by FLNGoing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikenbob said:

The arrival an departure times are generally quite accurate as those times are scheduled with the ports. However, just because the ship has arrived at a specific time does not mean that you are allowed to immediately depart. They must complete some docking tasks and may have to clear customs before you may depart the ship. Others may have a different point of view, but I would plan at least an hour to be able to walk off the ship with your own luggage.

55 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

The listed departure time is when the ship is scheduled to cast off. All Aboard time is generally thirty minutes before that for passengers although I would certainly allow some extra buffer time. 

Bear in mind that arrival and departure times can change based on a variety of factors during the cruise. 

That helps, thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, FLNGoing said:

Also, when the cruise itinerary notes our last day of the cruise and states that we arrive in Civitavecchia at 6am, does that mean I can walk of the ship at 6am, since I do not need help with luggage, or should I expect to wait thirty minutes or so to make an exit?  

Debarkation times are controlled by Destination Services. Be sure to arrange with them if you want to be off the ship early, or you might find yourself at the end of the line. They distribute a form during the cruise to deal with debarkation. If you don't get one (sometimes they forget to give one to people who aren't taking Regent transfers), ask when you see the collection box on the counter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RELS said:

Debarkation times are controlled by Destination Services. Be sure to arrange with them if you want to be off the ship early, or you might find yourself at the end of the line. They distribute a form during the cruise to deal with debarkation. If you don't get one (sometimes they forget to give one to people who aren't taking Regent transfers), ask when you see the collection box on the counter.

Is this form necessary if we do not need help with luggage?  We are only bringing small carry-on luggage.

33 minutes ago, FLNGoing said:

Is this form necessary if we do not need help with luggage?  We are only bringing small carry-on luggage.

Maybe not the form, but definitely check with Destination Svcs when on board. Do what they recommend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RELS said:

Maybe not the form, but definitely check with Destination Svcs when on board. Do what they recommend. 

Will do, thanks!

Even if you are self-carrying luggage, it is a good idea to fill out the disembarkation form and let them know what time you plan on departing the ship.  If for some reason there is an issue with the timing, they will let you know. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

Even if you are self-carrying luggage, it is a good idea to fill out the disembarkation form and let them know what time you plan on departing the ship.  If for some reason there is an issue with the timing, they will let you know. 

I'll make a point of filling out the disembarkation form.  Thanks!