Celebrity concierge class compared to MSC YC

Cotonka

Just got off Celebrity Ascent concierge in Caribbean  and can’t say enough good things about experience.  We have an MSC YC room booked for Mediterranean this summer.  Anyone having done both? What should expectations be with regard to service and overall experience be?

The only benefit of concierge class that I could tell was the embarkation lunch.  The cabins aren’t in great locations anymore.  The YC is comparable (and in most cases such as not Edge class) so much better than the retreat.  Concierge class is the biggest rip off of any cabin.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cotonka said:

Just got off Celebrity Ascent concierge in Caribbean  and can’t say enough good things about experience.  We have an MSC YC room booked for Mediterranean this summer.  Anyone having done both? What should expectations be with regard to service and overall experience be?

Concierge Class on Celebrity doesn't give you access to any areas of the ship that you wouldn't have with any other cabin class with one exception: the MDR on embarkation day. That's it. 

YC has its own dining room, it's own lounge with entertainment, it's own guest services desk, it's own pool deck with buffet, and access to butler services. 

Many say YC is better than Celebrity's Retreat class, so comparing to Concierge Class, it's probably not even a fair fight.

• Like 2

I've sailed on both MSC and Celebrity many times.  I've done Concierge Class a couple of times on Celebrity, but have not tried Yacht Club.  But it's my understanding that they are like night and day, with YC being vastly superior.  CC is mostly just a glorified veranda cabin, imo.  Not so for YC.

• Like 2