Has anyone been on Mariner lately?

I have not been on Mariner in about 10 years but will probably book later this year. She is an older ship and I am wondering if Regent has refurbished recently and maintained Regent standards. Thanks for any info.

Posted (edited)

tripperva:  

Last on Mariner this January-February for a San Francisco-Hawaii-French Polynesia segment of Mariner's current World Cruise.  Top service.  Standards maintained; and our previous times on Mariner go back to the mid-2000s.  Have booked another Mariner segment in 2025.  

Suggest you access a separate Mariner WORLD CRUISE 2024 thread which provides lots of insights and running commentaries from those currently aboard.

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Clarification.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Refurbishment November 2025 - scheduled for a new restaurant and major changes. 2026 will be her last WC.

Which ship will the 2027 WC be on?

16 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Which ship will the 2027 WC be on?

My Regent rep told me Splendor.  We are debating delaying our 2026 to 2027, so we are trying to look at all the variables.

5 hours ago, bookbabe said:

My Regent rep told me Splendor.  We are debating delaying our 2026 to 2027, so we are trying to look at all the variables.

Our thoughts exactly.

I was on Mariner for the first segment of the world cruise Miami to San Francisco in January of this year.

I concur with GOARMY's opinion - the ship was in decent shape, and the food and service was outstanding.

Going back on her in August, with no reservations. (well, we have a reservation for the cruise!)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 9:37 PM, GOARMY said:

tripperva:  

Last on Mariner this January-February for a San Francisco-Hawaii-French Polynesia segment of Mariner's current World Cruise.  Top service.  Standards maintained; and our previous times on Mariner go back to the mid-2000s.  Have booked another Mariner segment in 2025.  

Suggest you access a separate Mariner WORLD CRUISE 2024 thread which provides lots of insights and running commentaries from those currently aboard.

GOARMY!

I was on this segment of the World Cruise also and concur.  In terms of decor and upkeep, it reminded me of staying at a higher end JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton decorated in the 2000-2005 era (colors, artwork, fit/finishes), was well used, but maintained to a high standard.  The food was excellent in general with only a few misses and many hits. Service (mostly) outstanding throughout. Have booked two more World Cruise segments this year and very anxious and excited to get back on board in about 10 days. Having said all that, a renovation is definitely in order and Regent is certainly pushing the envelope with a refurb, especially for a ship in the luxury category.  

Edited by Marylebone37
Clarification
  • Like 1