Booking Yukon Rail & Bus Tour

bluesifi

Posted (edited)

Hi, we are on a cruise in September and really like the sound of the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour by Chilkoot Charters, but as first time cruise I am worried about booking outside cruise line and being late back.

We are due in port at 7am and departure set at 6pm.  Tour is 7.5 hours if we take 07:30 tour we should be back with a few hours to spare

Am I worrying over nothing, do they normally return on time or close to.

cruise do a similar tour but like the idea of smaller group and this has great reviews

Edited by bluesifi

The Chilkoot tour is amazing.  We were on their train up, bus down tour last year (May '23).  I think it was closer to 4.5 hours, so it was perfect for us. We will be taking another one of their tours this May as well..

You really don't have anything to worry about.  The small group setting was very nice.  Book the tour and enjoy!

• Like 1

Chikoot team is well versed in the cruise lines as it's a large part of their business.  So much so, they get booked up.  For some comfort, you can read their FAQs.  🙂   I am looking forward to my trip with them this summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluesifi said:

Thank you for the responses, I booked with Chikoot and so excited.

They are amazing. I have booked with them several times and have no hesitations recommending them. You will make it back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

On 3/7/2024 at 1:56 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

The Chilkoot tour is amazing.  We were on their train up, bus down tour last year (May '23).  I think it was closer to 4.5 hours, so it was perfect for us. We will be taking another one of their tours this May as well..

You really don't have anything to worry about.  The small group setting was very nice.  Book the tour and enjoy!

When does the season start and end? Month?

Great company and tour. No issues taking 7:30 tour if arrive at 7 unless tendering. No problem getting back on time. They will ask what ship you a r e on when you book

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 12:18 PM, bluesifi said:

Hi, we are on a cruise in September and really like the sound of the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour by Chilkoot Charters, but as first time cruise I am worried about booking outside cruise line and being late back.

We are due in port at 7am and departure set at 6pm.  Tour is 7.5 hours if we take 07:30 tour we should be back with a few hours to spare

Am I worrying over nothing, do they normally return on time or close to.

cruise do a similar tour but like the idea of smaller group and this has great reviews

I love the 7.5 hour tour! It is amazing. 

No worry about returning to the ship on time. This company keeps track of ship's docking times and will make sure you are back on the ship. Everyone on my tour was from my ship.