Question about Edge-Class (Ascent) dining...

We'll be on Ascent in a matter of months.  I see that there are 4 non-specialty dining rooms.  And on the Celebrity website, it appears that I can make reservations in these restaurants.  Just not sure how this works, as it differs from what I'm used to.

Can I go where I want when I want to?

Should I make reservations in advance?  Maybe now?

Suggestions?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

We'll be on Ascent in a matter of months.  I see that there are 4 non-specialty dining rooms.  And on the Celebrity website, it appears that I can make reservations in these restaurants.  Just not sure how this works, as it differs from what I'm used to.

Suggestions?

We were on the Ascent last month beautiful ship, we loved every minute of the cruise. 
No you do not have to make reservations ahead of time.  We did make reservations for the 1st night because that night can be a bit hectic.  After that we just went when we were ready no or a very short wait except for 1 night where we had to wait about 20 minutes because our favorite waiter had no tables open when we arrived.  We could have been seated immediately but chose to wait.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Suggestions?

I had spent time making reservations but it is Anytime Dining.  You go where and when you are ready.  However,  if you find a restaurant and server you like, you can request that you dine in that server's area.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, keesar said:

I had spent time making reservations but it is Anytime Dining.  You go where and when you are ready.  However,  if you find a restaurant and server you like, you can request that you dine in that server's area.  

Thx!

Posted (edited)

First time cruiser here.  We will be on the Ascent in April.  Our TA booked us for dining at a specific time so do we have to go at that time to the non-specialty restaurants?  Or does "Anytime Dining" apply to everyone?

Edited by eeden1

Everyone get my time dining on E class ships. The booking system is set up for the older ships and requires a selection of dining preference. There are instances where the anytime option isn’t available.

We were just on Ascent in February and never been on E class.  I had requested from my TA a fixed time (early seating 5:30), which meant to check card in our room for name of dining room and table.   But when we got to our cabin we had a card that was a Dine at all Four with no time.  At 5:30 we went to Cosmopolitan and asked the hostess how this worked.  She explained we could dine around or she could book us at just one DR and table number for entire cruise.

We decided to Dine Around.  So glad we did!  They are all so unique.  We loved it!!  We like early dining so 5:30 was never a wait.  The card did have a notice that 6:30 to 7:30 is typically the busiest times to arrive, so to avoid a wait come before or after that window. 

The only night we made a reservation was last formal night.  Making reservation is easy.  They have a station for all dining reservations everyday in the Customer Relations area that opens at 9 AM - not sure when it closes.  Or you can call.  Very easy.

BTW - we went back to Normandie and Cosmopolitan twice.

• Like 4

We have found that if we head to restaurant area about 18:45 the folks who ate early to see the 19:00 show are leaving and we rarely waited more than a couple minutes.  You can order food from any of the four cuisine menus as they share a kitchen.