LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

6 hours ago, DELLA1955 said:

Do you need a reservation to book O’malleys or Alfredos?

They don't take reservations.  Alfredo's could be very busy on sea days at lunch.  At this time O'Malley's is only open for food at dinner time, but other times for drinks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I have the Premier package - was a bonus when I booked although the princess agent I booked with didn’t properly record it so I had to fight to get it!  Ended up writing lengthy email to President of Princess and received a phone call next day guaranteeing me the Premier!  Unfortunately the agent left Princess so couldn’t complain to him.  So will look forward to the unlimited fitness and the casual dining!

• Like 2

Posting this out of order while I catch up. Tried the door to the Cabana Deck, and it wasn’t locked, so went for a look. Confirmed that I would never want one on those cabins where the balcony and the deck are essentially the same. 

IMG_3361.thumb.jpeg.526317155380f591e8244578f3f65f86.jpeg

IMG_3358.thumb.jpeg.526709bf77b2d874facd1ec575087fb2.jpeg

IMG_3360.thumb.jpeg.14af51bf38c721c175f6fe34f82bb354.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Dear Princess:

While I like the idea of water pitchers on the tables in The Eatery, could you please find lids to put on them? I have witnessed people sneezing and coughing up a lung right in front of them. I don’t particularly want to drink that water after several different parties have been sitting at the table. 

IMG_3366.thumb.jpeg.dab85b75dde56f23d98a36fd886f2e65.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 8

30 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Posting this out of order while I catch up. Tried the door to the Cabana Deck, and it wasn’t locked, so went for a look. Confirmed that I would never want one on those cabins where the balcony and the deck are essentially the same. 

And the deck isn’t even that special. Why anyone would want a cabin there is beyond me. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

That has been my thought too.  I want to sit on my balcony and look out at the water.  Do not want people wandering by my cabin balcony.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We got back at 3pm and there was zero line to board. By 4:30, there was a huge queue stretching outside the terminal building. The X-ray scanners and magnetrons were inside the port building. Nothing to do at the ship but scan your medallion. 

IMG_3803.thumb.jpeg.a3204fd8c3a4d066d8a83ef9b0df4928.jpeg

Don't Reserve and Signature members get priority embarkation and de-embarkations at all ports?

5 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

David Meyer, the entertainment in The Arena, was amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s built his own xylophone synthesizer, or xylosynth. I put made an edit of some of his pieces.

IMG_3178.thumb.jpeg.ad104dd5c0cfea6a5b9046de5a815e2c.jpeg

I hope these wonderful acts are on my upcoming cruise!

29 minutes ago, FLgalloves cruises said:

That has been my thought too.  I want to sit on my balcony and look out at the water.  Do not want people wandering by my cabin balcony.

Even worse might be someone sitting in your balcony chairs if the general area gets filled. 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

David Meyer, the entertainment in The Arena, was amazing. I’ve never seen anything like it. He’s built his own xylophone synthesizer, or xylosynth. I put made an edit of some of his pieces.

IMG_3178.thumb.jpeg.ad104dd5c0cfea6a5b9046de5a815e2c.jpeg

My Movie 1.mov 246.6 MB · 1 download  

Thanks for sharing. It would be nice if he was around for my October cruise. Wow some of the people are pretty close to the action. 

With all your videos, pictures and posting I hope you are enjoying your cruise.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

Don't Reserve and Signature members get priority embarkation and de-embarkations at all ports?

Elites and suites get priority disembarkation (to the tenders).  No one gets priority embarkation to return to the ship.  Non tender ports everyone is treated the same.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The act got even more amazing. He made an instrument out of laser lights that he plays by touching the beams with his hands!

The dancer is his wife. They met on a ship where she was a production show dancer and he was performing music.

I would definitely go to see him again. He got a standing ovation at the end of his show. 

• Like 6

They had a silent disco in the Piazza which was one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever witnessed. Once I grabbed headphones it made a little more sense. The benefit of this is it doesn’t overwhelm the rest of the Piazza. The piano guy was playing at Crooners at the same time. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DELLA1955 said:

Do you need a reservation to book O’malleys or Alfredos?

There are no reservations for those CD locations.  On ships that have Planks & Steamers options, I understand from posts they like reservations, but some have posted that they were walk-ups.

ODY•C played a second night in the Piazza. Unfortunately, their fourth member, Evelina, was sick and lost her voice, so instead of the vocal harmonies we got more of a piano/vocal concert. Still very enjoyable. One thing I noticed is the acoustics on the lowest level of the Piazza aren’t the greatest. 

IMG_3216.thumb.jpeg.d39be0b345b53bebcb294290d20e02ed.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

They don't take reservations.  Alfredo's could be very busy on sea days at lunch.  At this time O'Malley's is only open for food at dinner time, but other times for drinks.

Do you have to pay the cover charge if only going for drinks?

5 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Do you have to pay the cover charge if only going for drinks?

There is no cover charge.  If you wish to get food during the hours they make it available you can either get the app/entree/dessert for 14.99 or buy them a la carte.  The 14.99 deal is free if you have the plus package using one of your two allotted casual meals or free if you have the premier package with the unlimited casual meals.

If only going for drinks, it'll only cost you the price of your drink.

• Thanks 1