LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

4 hours ago, FLgalloves cruises said:

Do not get the pancakes.  I had them the other night and barely ate them.  The server and asked if they were too much - Ha ha they are only about 4 or 5 inches round.  I said - "Honestly, those are the worst pancakes I have ever had in my life"  They were cold, dry, just awful.  I think they are frozen pancakes that they just microwave.  

I would have waited for them to make fresh new ones right off the griddle. 

I hate it when they prepare items a hour ahead of time & sit them under a heat lamp. 

5 minutes ago, 555 said:

I would have waited for them to make fresh new ones right off the griddle. 

I hate it when they prepare items a hour ahead of time & sit them under a heat lamp. 

I think all the pancakes are frozen and cooked in the microwave.  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:13 AM, CanadianBurger said:

Hello everyone, and welcome to another one of my "Live" reports.

This time it's the brand-new Sun Princess, sailing on a 10-day voyage from Barcelona to Rome. Our ports include Mallorca, Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi Turkey, Santorini (maybe), and Naples.

We just arrived in Barcelona after an overnight flight YYZ-EWR-BCN. We'll be seeing some of Barcelona including the Sagrada Familia before boarding tomorrow.

Stay tuned for lots of photos and videos of the new ship. Hopefully they'll have the entertainment venues open this cruise.

Steve.

Thank you Steve for the best Live, I’ve ever seen. Answered all my questions and great photos too!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FLgalloves cruises said:

I’ve not seen gluten free pizza since I have been on. Haven’t checked Alfredo’s though

Have you asked? You had to ask on board the Enchanted, but they had it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pixelskaya said:

Really???? There was gluten free pizza on the Enchanted! Are you sure?

I’m not on the ship, just was looking for future reference.  

• 2 weeks later...

So lots of changes announced by Princess. Looks like there is a new category of staterooms called “Sanctuary Class”. I think this replaces Reserve Class, and it looks like if you want access to the Sanctuary you’ll need to book one of these cabins. Even then, there are far more people in those cabins than will fit in the Sanctuary, so who knows how it will be handled. 

18 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

So lots of changes announced by Princess. Looks like there is a new category of staterooms called “Sanctuary Class”. I think this replaces Reserve Class, and it looks like if you want access to the Sanctuary you’ll need to book one of these cabins. Even then, there are far more people in those cabins than will fit in the Sanctuary, so who knows how it will be handled. 

Hi Steve, yes major changes with Reserve Collection disappearing, and suites having to share some of their perks with another 135 staterooms! Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Wanted to thank you again for all your info from your live from - we had a brilliant time checking out the secret decks!

• Like 1