LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

On 3/10/2024 at 9:35 PM, cbfb said:

Oh nice!!! I’m so jealous! We aren’t going until November. We will be in the Carribean but next year we are going on our first Med cruise. Have the best time! 

Hi, cbfb!  We just boarded a few hours ago and I didn't want to forget to send you pictures of  14433 on Sun Princess.  The ship is gorgeous and our cabin has TONS of storage space including closets, drawers, and shelves.  Also, lots of electrical outlets and USB ports!  Big balcony and spacious bathroom, too. I think you're gonna love it!  Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer.

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

IMG_1728.jpeg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, dashulak said:

Hi, cbfb!  We just boarded a few hours ago and I didn't want to forget to send you pictures of  14433 on Sun Princess.  The ship is gorgeous and our cabin has TONS of storage space including closets, drawers, and shelves.  Also, lots of electrical outlets and USB ports!  Big balcony and spacious bathroom, too. I think you're gonna love it!  Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to answer.

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

IMG_1728.jpeg

You are the absolute best! ❤️ Thank you so much! I am so happy to see the bed by the balcony! I wasn’t sure! Have an absolutely fabulous time! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

The only time it’s felt crowded is trying to walk around deck 7 of the Piazza during the Captain’s Party. I think half the ship was crammed in there. Other than that, not at all. I will say that we avoid peak times for things, so maybe that helped. 

I saw a FB post from someone on the ship with a picture of a huge line up for MDR, saying this was the norm. Maybe it was the opening time? I think they said it was people with reservations. This wasn't your experience?

8 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Our Farewell Dinner. Again, the filet was absolutely perfect. Unbelievably tender. the desserts weren’t all ours! Snapped pics

from the next table. 

I do have to wonder if the Reserve and Signature DR's are getting CG/CT/WMD level meat cuts compared to the MDR - even if the beef has generally improved since last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Thank you for your live - I have been following along as my teen and family friends boarded the ship today. She FaceTimed me and gave me a tour of the room and all is well so far. Her only complaint was that there was no elite/priority and it took them almost an hour to get on the ship. I believe what she meant was that was at bag drop (which she said was inside the terminal) as it sounded like once that was done it was a breeze! 

We noticed similar on our first of two departures from Civi port back in October, 2022.  However, there was another door or something and I recall us getting in there after trying to figure out where the priority line was for entering terminal.  Yes, we were there just prior to doors open.  That said, once upstairs and checked in, we had a special seating area for Elites and it was just steps across the hall to the boarding entrance and we were on the ship pronto around 11am back then (Regal).  Our second departure at end of October was from another pier where it is the large tent structure and we were again there prior to doors open (10am) and had no issue dropping bags and checking in.  Not as nice a spot (was Island ship) to wait, but there was a priority line for boarding which meant walking along the pier to the ship - much like a port call.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dashulak said:

IMG_1733.jpeg

IMG_1732.jpeg

IMG_1731.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

IMG_1729.jpeg

IMG_1728.jpeg

Thanks for those pictures.  We have the same cabin, only on deck 11, port side.

I know I am going to try to have them bring us different chairs for the balcony, or at least some footstools.   Would be interested if anyone has success at getting those changed out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks for those pictures.  We have the same cabin, only on deck 11, port side.

I know I am going to try to have them bring us different chairs for the balcony, or at least some footstools.   Would be interested if anyone has success at getting those changed out.

I was thinking the same! When do you cruise?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We are on the first sailing in January, 2025.  

We are on November 30th. Will let you know if we don’t hear anything before. 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:24 AM, dickinson said:

I think the balcony railings on all ships are something other than wood.  Wood burns fast in a fire whereas composite and plastic don't.  They probably melt.

All of the Princess ships we have been on have had wood railings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nini said:

Then I am probably wrong 😉. Thanks for correcting me.  As I think about it, I picture crew members varnishing railings up on deck.

4 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Then I am probably wrong 😉. Thanks for correcting me.  As I think about it, I picture crew members varnishing railings up on deck.

No problem. I remember seeing the railings in varying states of condition and smelling the varnish.

8 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Interesting comparison. When you say the inside doors to the cabana don’t fold as on Deck 9, do you mean the doors between the cabana and cabin, or cabana and balcony? The first promo video during the build showed a schematic where both sets of doors could be folded away so that the cabana could either extend the size of the cabin or the balcony. 

Between the cabin and cabana is a standard slider. There is a fold-away door and between the cabana and balcony. Which doesn’t work for making the cabana “part of the cabin”. In the reserve cabanas on deck 9, both sets of doors are folding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, nini said:

Discovery has a white composite material railing which as I recall the author said was the same type of material on Sun but had a simulated wood appearance instead of white.

image.thumb.jpeg.534dc47feb5b7c588c5bfd828ceee536.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cbfb said:

Do the chairs on the balcony of a regular mini suite recline? Thinking of switching because the chairs in the deluxe balcony look very uncomfortable. Would hate to upgrade and have the same chairs! 🤣

I was going to do a whole post about this. One of the drawbacks of a standard-depth balcony like our reserve mini is the chairs. They don’t recline, and quite frankly, they’re uncomfortable as hell. Enough so that I couldn’t sit there for more than five minutes. I think they don’t put recliners there because there’s no room to recline. 

IMG_3765.thumb.jpeg.2c51a78ea5de88eacee88caaae3d78fb.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

I was going to do a whole post about this. One of the drawbacks of a standard-depth balcony like our reserve mini is the chairs. They don’t recline, and quite frankly, they’re uncomfortable as hell. Enough so that I couldn’t sit there for more than five minutes. I think they don’t put recliners there because there’s no room to recline. 

Uggh! I was afraid of that. Yes, I thought the chairs look extremely uncomfortable. I just don’t understand it. People want to use their balcony, put comfortable chairs on it!!! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We did have a delay leaving the port. Apparently someone driving a black taxi van hit a cyclist, and didn’t stop. The police stopped our van, and every other black taxi van. We had to wait for a detective to arrive, and he carefully checked each van for damage. After finally clearing us, we were on our way about 20 minutes later. It was slightly amusing watching all the taxi drivers arguing with the police, including much gesticulating. Didn’t matter to us, since we were going to a hotel, but the people trying to catch a flight must have been getting worried. 

IMG_3780.thumb.jpeg.dc03d43bd37220c462f150f6a5013aeb.jpeg

Edited by CanadianBurger
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

We had a look at the Cabana mini we’re staying in for our booking in December. It’s one of the Deck 10 ones NOT one of the reserve cabins right on the cabana deck. I have to say, we may switch it for a non-cabana mini. The seating in the cabana area was not comfortable at all for lounging, and was a far cry from the nice-looking L-shaped furniture in the preview pics. The bathroom was much smaller, the shower was a foot less deep, and there was NO DRAWER.  One less closet unit, and the whole cabin felt much more cramped. I will say the balcony was MUCH bigger, and had chairs that reclined. The inside doors to the cabana don’t fold like those on deck 9. 

Also took pics from one that was made up. You can compare them to what I posted from ours at the beginning of the Live. 

IMG_3771.thumb.jpeg.2a15f7ed269435bdc331dca43220b5dc.jpeg

IMG_3774.thumb.jpeg.91a182f2c7a5d8174c26d46b68ac28a1.jpeg

IMG_3772.thumb.jpeg.ee6dbc5221ee47b93e81c307d28e21dd.jpeg

IMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.d93c5023dde672f58ad6359e7e9a4f2a.jpeg

IMG_3777.thumb.jpeg.96ced6094e7317e29eed49a6406cd70d.jpeg

IMG_3776.thumb.jpeg.f51e6e931a548754d7aebd7956a2e0e4.jpeg

7 hours ago, cbfb said:

Do the chairs on the balcony of a regular mini suite recline? Thinking of switching because the chairs in the deluxe balcony look very uncomfortable. Would hate to upgrade and have the same chairs! 🤣

11 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

We're doing B2B in the fall in a reserve mini (like yours) and then an S9.

Both are shown with those horrible chairs.

It doesn't make sense that the more expensive cabins would have those chairs. I don't think the recliner chairs take up much more room than the straight back ones.

I, too, am going to request they change the chairs . We both have bad backs and it'll be impossible to sit in the ones you pictured.

Again, THANK YOU for all of the wonderful info!!!!

Edited by chamima
  • Like 2

Princess undoubtedly doesn’t consider us profitable cruisers, as we don’t spend much money on board. With all the OBC, most of our final folios look like this. I don’t expect them to send me the 14 cents…

IMG_3737.thumb.jpeg.e668511068f6a2b86c7151562e6fd2de.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

36 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

But still no excuse for uncomfortable chairs.  You'd think they could at least have something comfortable (recognizing that everyone can have different ideas of comfort).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Princess undoubtedly doesn’t consider us profitable cruisers, as we don’t spend much money on board. With all the OBC, most of our final folios look like this. I don’t expect them to send me the 14 cents…

Anything under $25.00 you can get refunded at Guest Services... if it's worth your time standing in the queue for 14 cents 😁

• Haha 2