LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

2 hours ago, rebeccac said:

But 8 tops are the largest they have without pushing tables together?

We wandered around Horizons decks 6 and 7 specifically looking for large tables. Except for the chef’s table, nothing bigger than 8, and very few of them. 

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Ask at lunch when you board. There are very few 6 to 8-tops. For a large group, the headwaiter said they push together many twos  in front of a bench and have had parties of 20. 

They can push tables together?

I am surprised that they can do that on a ship.  I would have thought that the tables would be fixed to the decks.

On the other hand, I guess that many of the chairs are not fixed.

Learn something every day.

Gloriously cool in the cabin when we returned from Pompeii. 

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.e3c38c4d13ca9747322a3d94b20ffde4.jpeg

New thermostats (at least since the previous-newest ship I was on was the Majestic). It’s a touchpad, so don’t press hard. Left side is manual or auto fan speed, with the + and - controlling the manual speed. Temp on the right, along with off/on. 

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.e3c38c4d13ca9747322a3d94b20ffde4.jpeg

New thermostats (at least since the previous-newest ship I was on was the Majestic). It’s a touchpad, so don’t press hard. Left side is manual or auto fan speed, with the + and - controlling the manual speed. Temp on the right, along with off/on. 

So is the black thing mounted just to show the temp in the room? 

Edited by KLM3164

9 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

I hope you’ll post some of your photos of Pompeii. We went there many years ago and I was so amazed by the site. Would love to return someday but for now I’ll live vicariously through some photos.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Someone ordered “The Rose”, one of the fancy drinks at Crooners. 

IMG_3727.thumb.jpeg.5be292658c8eff1ed9e4247ed4002b07.jpeg

This looks like a drink I must try in November! Do you know how much it is as I’m wondering if it’s covered under Plus or Premier? TIA

Thank you @CanadianBurger for all your time and effort!  I will miss reading your informative posts and love the port pictures you shared.  I check for your posts many multiple times per day.  We’ll be there in an interior cabin in May.  Looks like there are plenty of beautiful spaces, activities and lots of food options for us to enjoy.  Thanks so much for sharing!

• Like 1

I am so enjoying all your posts.  Will miss this thread when you disembark.  But - you sure spent a LOT of your vacation time updating everyone on Sun.  I hope you did not miss out on too much due to posting so much information.  🙂  We board on March 29th for 19 days and are looking forward to it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

They must be planning to keep a lot of the entertainment in the Piazza. That’s quite a sound & light control center. 

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.647b6b5b88900b14c12a977f3f261d56.jpeg

I thought the initial concepts for the piazza included the floor being able to go up and down for different entertainment, thought I also saw this feature on one of Adam Savages construction walkthroughs

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

They must be planning to keep a lot of the entertainment in the Piazza. That’s quite a sound & light control center. 

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.647b6b5b88900b14c12a977f3f261d56.jpeg

Nice setup, and they don't have to worry about guests trying to access the boards or ask questions what they're doing.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fpsphil said:

I thought the initial concepts for the piazza included the floor being able to go up and down for different entertainment, thought I also saw this feature on one of Adam Savages construction walkthroughs

Think that was the Arena?

I hope you are enjoying your last day on the cruise.  I know I've enjoyed all of the information that you've provided about this brand spanking new ship.  Thank you so much for taking us along on your journey.  And special thanks to your wife who put up with all of the errands that you've been running to answer all of the questions from all of us following along.  Safe travels home!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

This looks like a drink I must try in November! Do you know how much it is as I’m wondering if it’s covered under Plus or Premier? TIA

Won't be covered by Plus. This is the description and price on the Crooner's menu. 

image.png.00bcfb81d9804e574ee1f0d9946a18a9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Hugh thank you for your thread. We will be on the sun next February and this is one of the BEST thread I have read for a ship in a long time. Take care and keep cruising. Bobkat from USA Iowa 

Thank you for this thread. It's incredibly informative and dense with content, not judgement or filler. I'm sorry your cruise is ending.

If you can, please let us know about disembarkation Civitavecchia. One of the logistics pieces of my July cruise that is vexing me is that I don't understand how to get from the ship to the train station.

Some guides say the port is unwalkable. Is there some kind of bus that takes you from the ship to the edge of the port? From the ship to the train station? From the port to the train station? Has Princess provided any information about what happens when they kick you off the ship and you don't have a a princess transfer?

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

So is the black thing mounted just to show the temp in the room? 

The black thermometer I brought from home to see the temp. It’s magnetic and sticks to the wall. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, friedicecream said:

Thank you for this thread. It's incredibly informative and dense with content, not judgement or filler. I'm sorry your cruise is ending.

If you can, please let us know about disembarkation Civitavecchia. One of the logistics pieces of my July cruise that is vexing me is that I don't understand how to get from the ship to the train station.

Some guides say the port is unwalkable. Is there some kind of bus that takes you from the ship to the edge of the port? From the ship to the train station? From the port to the train station? Has Princess provided any information about what happens when they kick you off the ship and you don't have a a princess transfer?

We booked RomeCabs to pick us up and take us to our hotel in Rome. Easiest way to do it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1