LIVE on Prima!!!!!! Questions?

25 minutes ago, Texas Realtor said:

So far, I don't really understand all of the negativity (Reviews) about this ship.

most of the negativity comes from people who have had different experiences than you, particularly from those who have been stuck in rooms with unusual noises caused by a build defect. others have had less than satisfying encounters with members of the executive team.

it's possible to go on the prima and have a lovely time and not encounter either of these things. it's also quite possible that a guest will experience problems. sometimes, the problems are so overwhelming that they tip the balance the other way.

16 minutes ago, Grandmafreddie said:

How is the spa on ship and is vibe. Necessary. Thanks for advice 

I snuck into the vibe just to observe. It was very nice and not crowded at all. I literally took a lap around and left. 

I have not been to the spa yet 

5 hours ago, TexasRealtor said:

I snuck into the vibe just to observe. It was very nice and not crowded at all. I literally took a lap around and left. 

I have not been to the spa yet 

I'll airdrop you some hash browns if you sneak back in again and ask the lucky ones where they got the Vibe tickets on embarkation day.  I'm on in two weeks.

13 hours ago, PNPCruiser said:

Thanks for doing this!  

Can you post what time you docked/had to be back on in costa maya (+the other ports if you remember)? On the same itinerary next week! 

so far everything has been right on schedule. Costa maya clear to deboard at about 12:50 and all aboard at 7:50. 

I HIGHLY recommend doing cooking class at catrina's in costa maya. 

awesome experience. Macarena was our hostess. she was great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KarenRB said:

I'll airdrop you some hash browns if you sneak back in again and ask the lucky ones where they got the Vibe tickets on embarkation day.  I'm on in two weeks.

I will see. The only vibe passengers I have talked with so far booked in advance. 

Thank you so much for doing this - it really helps others get the most out of their holiday. Very kind.

If you pass by please could you check out the current cost (if there is one) for the darts and the mini golf - both in the stadium I think.

Also favourite bars/drinks/restaurants/ meals would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Lisa

On 3/10/2024 at 9:37 AM, Texas Realtor said:

I have not seen cookies, but I am not actively looking for them. I will ask about non alcoholic wine tonight. 

Look in INDULGE.  There were cookies on a little kiosk right outside of CoCos.  There were many other deserts there, also.

33 minutes ago, Lisacfletcher2009 said:

Thank you so much for doing this - it really helps others get the most out of their holiday. Very kind.

If you pass by please could you check out the current cost (if there is one) for the darts and the mini golf - both in the stadium I think.

Many thanks, Lisa

Mini golf $10/per person for 9 holes. Darts $5/per hour. 

@Texas Realtor...thanks for your review.  I'm enjoying it.  I was on the Prima a month ago.  Like you, I didn't experience ANY of the issues I had read complaints about.  It's a beautiful ship.

Like any ship, depending on where your cabin is (e.g. below the gym where you'd hear weights banging), I found it quiet.

Cookies are available....they were throughout the ship, or as you did, just ask for them.

Syd's is a tough get.  But, that shows just how popular those shows are.  Rumors seemed to be the toughest seat to get.  I passed because I had seen it on another ship.  But, worth seeing if you've never seen it before.

Crew was friendly and cheerful (although I did have some complaints about medical staff). But, that's another story.  Overall, service was great.

It's a beautiful ship.

I think some cruisers want the more traditional large buffet type dining venue, which Prima does not have.  Instead, they push you towards Indulge and some of the other places (which there are plenty of) to dine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lisacfletcher2009 said:

Many thanks, Lisa

So far, I don't have a favorite bar or restaurant. I definitely have favorite bartenders. I am a little disappointed that they seem to move the crew around. I like to get familiar with my waiters/bartenders. It seems like I get someone new nearly every time. 

So far my biggest beef is the fact that starbucks does not open until 6:30 and they do not have any baileys there. My wife likes baileys in her coffee, and I have to go down to deck 6 after I get the coffee, which can be a wait at times. 

I am not much of a coffee drinker, so it doesn't bother me personally, but I do get my wife coffee in the morning.

I feel so old. I am staying in an interior cabin, solo studio, and I have been awake before 5 all but one day. 

I am not even 50 yet. LOL 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

@Texas Realtor...thanks for your review.  I'm enjoying it.  I was on the Prima a month ago.  Like you, I didn't experience ANY of the issues I had read complaints about.  It's a beautiful ship.

Like any ship, depending on where your cabin is (e.g. below the gym where you'd hear weights banging), I found it quiet.

Cookies are available....they were throughout the ship, or as you did, just ask for them.

Syd's is a tough get.  But, that shows just how popular those shows are.  Rumors seemed to be the toughest seat to get.  I passed because I had seen it on another ship.  But, worth seeing if you've never seen it before.

Crew was friendly and cheerful (although I did have some complaints about medical staff). But, that's another story.  Overall, service was great.

It's a beautiful ship.

I think some cruisers want the more traditional large buffet type dining venue, which Prima does not have.  Instead, they push you towards Indulge and some of the other places (which there are plenty of) to dine.

I have found the buffet to be perfectly normal. Its not as large, but the food is fine and seating is not as difficult as I thought it would be based on reviews that I read

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texas Realtor said:

I have found the buffet to be perfectly normal. Its not as large, but the food is fine and seating is not as difficult as I thought it would be based on reviews that I read

I also found all the posts about the buffet and seating complaints puzzling. We never had trouble finding seats. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 3:43 PM, Texas Realtor said:

Sorry to bother, but does the buffet have the station where someone makes an omelet with what you want in it? (So far, none of the Youtube videos have shown this.)

Edited to add: Oh and do they have real dairy half and half? (Like Cloud House or something). When I go, I need to know if I have to drag boxes of Land O Lakes Mini Moos aboard. 

Edited by Ellis1138