LIVE on Prima!!!!!! Questions?

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Texas Realtor was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

I will be on and off of my computer daily. If you have any questions, send them my way. I will do my best to answer them. 

I have unlimited streaming internet, which is faster than I ever dreamed possible. 

How has indulge seating been?  Nice enough to sit outside?

Did the ship have an anchor up front on deck?  Viva has one bit Prima looks like it is missing.

Is the Donna Summer show back? If not, have they submitted something for it?

Is there a lifeguard? On our cruise this summer there was one, the first I had ever seen on a cruise ship. The rules still did read that there was no lifeguard.

1 hour ago, Texas Realtor said:

have unlimited streaming internet, which is faster than I ever dreamed possible. 

do tell.

no, seriously, do tell us what speed you're getting and which tests you ran.

thanks!

They cancelled the price is right. I will let you know about the donna summer show. I heard others talking about it and I think it is going to happen. I will let you know. 

29 minutes ago, Texas Realtor said:

They cancelled the price is right. I will let you know about the donna summer show. I heard others talking about it and I think it is going to happen. I will let you know. 

Just for your sailing? Did they say why?

TIA and enjoy your cruise ... fellow cruisers on next month's Prima roll call wished to know (should you have time to explore and find out) how is the digital library collection (using the free Libby App) and does it have a good variety for access.  

How's the MDR dinner reservation and seating working out onboard, is there a longer than usual wait to get seat (next month, we cannot pre-book MDR dinner for parties of 5 or less, only 6 or more can be reserved in advance) and if they are separating passengers with reservation and the rest (walk-ups)

If you can, near Guest Services - Deck 7 Mid/Fwd is a TV display, showing the ship's management team, including the Captain, Staff Capt, General Manager, Chef, CruiseNext, Head of Housekeeping and other "department" heads currently onboard.  Kindly post that information (take several photos & upload them to post here will work great) - thanks. 

Any whisper from the CruiseNext team about upcoming promotions and specials, best book onboard now "deals" that's not available routinely as "sales".  

Ship's navigational channel is slick but were showing very limited information last November when we're onboard, i.e. missing "live" data about air temperature, wind, sea state, ETA arrival to next port (distance to/from traveled between ports - not consistently shown) ... asked & were told NCL is in the process of upgrading the systems.  Can you comment on that, thanks. 

Appreciate efforts in taking out during your cruise vacation to post and answer questions to help others "stranded" at home and/or on land.  

5 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We read shops were changing.  Is there still a Pandora shop? 

Hope you are having a great cruise 😎

The shops are back! They were open for our 3/1 sailing. Just off yesterday. And yes, there's a Pandora shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, news70 said:

is there opening running track  on Prima ? 

Nope. But you can walk all the way around Deck 8. Can't really run, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Have you seen any cookies or hashbrowns?

I was in search of cookies all week! They said they're only included in the kids meals in the dining rooms, and they wouldn't give me one!

2 hours ago, Texas Realtor said:

The fantastic host and his wife mentioned during our show last week that this was the end of their contract. He was so "game show host" that we said they'd have a hard time finding someone as good! Guess they didn't 😞 . It was a fun hour. Set pieces are identical to the show. Very good production value.

We were there last week and was disappointed that Summer was NOT performed.  However, the shows, especially Rumors, in Sid Normans were really good.

Did not see any cookies.

Cagneys was ok but not quite up to our standards of home or Capital Grill or Ruth's Chris.  I think keeping meat for a week and having to cook for so many folks is probably a very difficult task.  Le Bistro was best meal for the week.

Indulge can get very busy right around noon, especially on sea days.

Enjoy!! 

3 hours ago, Texas Realtor said:

Speed is 3.7 down 1.66 up. It was much faster this morning.

thanks for that report.

just as a data point, the "regular" (non-streaming) internet usually clocks in at about 1.5 mbps.