How to book two tables of 6 next to each other for the entire cruise?

mattR

Doing a family cruise to Alaska on the Royal Princess to Alaska this July with family.  How do I set up 2 tables of six next to each other for the entire cruise at the same table and time each night?  Is one of the restaurants nicer than the others? 

5 hours ago, mattR said:

Doing a family cruise to Alaska on the Royal Princess to Alaska this July with family.  How do I set up 2 tables of six next to each other for the entire cruise at the same table and time each night?  Is one of the restaurants nicer than the others? 

You and someone else in your party can each make a reservation for a table for 6 at the same time each night in the app.

You can’t request tables next to each other ahead of time but you can make that request of the dining room manager or hostess once you are onboard.

It may only be impossible though on the first night depending on the time you request. Stopping by early for example, with a request for 8:00 is more likely than finding availability of two large tables next to each other on the spot.

• Like 1

Yes, as @Torfamm states...you would *have* to discuss this arrangement *in person* with the DR Manager as early as possible...preferably on day one and maybe just as soon as you get on board.  Go straight to the DR in question.  The doors are likely to be closed...*maybe* there will be someone inside that can help you...IDK.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mattR said:

How do I set up 2 tables of six next to each other for the entire cruise at the same table and time each night?

Make reservations for your party of 12 in the dining room of your choice, and the time of your choice.  The app will indicate something like "various tables", instead of "private table for 12".  The first night tell the Head Waiter your wishes for same tables and servers.  This usually will take care of your needs.  I would do this soon after the dining room opens. 

About a year ago, we had a Head Waiter was not too cooperative for our party of eight, although we had the same table five of the seven nights.  The cruise before that we had a party of 14 and that Head Waiter went out his way to get us a table for six next to a table for eight for the whole week.  We also set some guidelines for seating.  You could not sit next to the same person as the night before, except for your significant other.   Also, change tables once in a while.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We had a family group of 14 last Summer on the Majestic in Alaska. My wife and I each made a booking for a table of 7 at the same time slot(5:40) each night, in the same dining room and also specified private table. Make sure that everyone(12) is already linked or included in your "travel party" on the app. Then you'll need to link or include 5 others(that are already in your travel party) in each of your two reservation. On embarkation day, try to have lunch in the one dining room that is open. You're likely to be able to find a dining room manager that can help you at that time. Ask them about ensuring your two tables are close to each other and that you'd like the same tables every evening at that time. The dining room manager that I spoke to had already planned a location for our group of 14 with two tables in a private nook area around the corner from the entrance. He had obviously already scanned the reservations looking for large groups and since the two reservations were both from the same cabin(wife and I) he knew that it was one larger group. So convenient then to be able to walk in each night to the same tables and everyone in the group could find their way in to the tables without everyone being ready and out front of the DR at the same time.

Edited by Dbld777
more info
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dbld777 said:

We had a family group of 14 last Summer on the Majestic in Alaska. My wife and I each made a booking for a table of 7 at the same time slot(5:40) each night, in the same dining room and also specified private table. Make sure that everyone(12) is already linked or included in your "travel party" on the app. Then you'll need to link or include 5 others(that are already in your travel party) in each of your two reservation. On embarkation day, try to have lunch in the one dining room that is open. You're likely to be able to find a dining room manager that can help you at that time. Ask them about ensuring your two tables are close to each other and that you'd like the same tables every evening at that time. The dining room manager that I spoke to had already planned a location for our group of 14 with two tables in a private nook area around the corner from the entrance. He had obviously already scanned the reservations looking for large groups and since the two reservations were both from the same cabin(wife and I) he knew that it was one larger group. So convenient then to be able to walk in each night to the same tables and everyone in the group could find their way in to the tables without everyone being ready and out front of the DR at the same time.

Great information. So even though you and your wife were on the same cruise reservation/same cabin,  it allowed you to make separate reservations. This is a great idea because as you said it was noticed by the staff and taken care of. Also great tip to have lunch in one of the dining rooms. Thanks so much! 

24 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Great information. So even though you and your wife were on the same cruise reservation/same cabin,  it allowed you to make separate reservations. This is a great idea because as you said it was noticed by the staff and taken care of. Also great tip to have lunch in one of the dining rooms. Thanks so much! 

Yes, I was a little surprised the app allowed it but I just made sure I was logged in under my login for one reservation and then logged on with her password for the second.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here’s a large table where we could all sit each night. This was arranged beforehand by providing everyone’s booking number & names. 

Tom😀

IMG_0452.png

Edited by trbarton

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Here’s a large table where we could all sit each night. This was arranged beforehand by providing everyone’s booking number & names. 

Tom😀

IMG_0452.png

That’s perfect! I hope Sun Princess has some round tables like that.