Do Regent guests receive a newspaper onboard?

I seem to remember sometime ago, Regent (fka Radisson) guests could receive their selection of major newspaper delivered to their suite. As always I could remember incorrectly. But if this is true, is this still done?

I don’t know about Radisson but Regent gives passengers who are platinum and above a daily newspaper upon request as an included perk. Otherwise, you may request a newspaper for a charge. I think it’s about six or seven dollars per day.

Dave

6 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

Gold and above Seven Seas Society members can have newspapers of their choice. However I just download and try to save paper. 

We are SSS gold booked in a concierge suite. Who do I ask onboard or before to get the paper?

9 hours ago, Guerncruising said:

Gold and above Seven Seas Society members can have newspapers of their choice. However I just download and try to save paper. 

On Navigator last year, (we are gold), G suite, we asked for the WSJ and USA Today. No problem. 
The amount of paper, however, was staggering. We’ll just read online in the future. 
Just wish I could read my iPad in the sun. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was thinking about requesting the Denver Post, but I now recall a time fairly long ago when I received a newspaper onboard, and it was indeed a big bunch of paper. Really a mess that I had forgotten. I have an online subscription to this paper. So if the internet is decent, I’ll just use that. 

Edited by Dolebludger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Reception when you get on board.

We could not get reception to recognize that we became gold members on the day we boarded. We have stayed in a Penthouse suite a few times and no paper was offered. We have a cruise next month as gold in penthouse and I doubt that a newspaper will be offered. I would rather have good internet to read the nrws rather than waste paper.

But Regent supposedly is putting off Starlink until their current contracts for poor internet service run out.

After reading post #10 above, I’m sorry that I posted this inquiry. After reading that post, I remembered that the newspapers Regent supplied were more trouble than they were worth. I had forgotten that I had received them in the past,  but I had. And I am familiar with the unreliability of cruise ship internet service (Starlink or not). I’m afraid the technology just isn’t here yet.

We were recently on Grandeur and able to download our(UK) newspaper every day in about 2 minutes maximum compared to about 30 minutes, or not at all, on previous cruises. 

• Like 1

mj:

Both pre and post-covid: have found a limited number of newspapers, American and British, and when in Canadian waters, Canadian, in the Library.  For general use and perusal while in the Library. 

GOARMY!