Queen Anne

Hoveto

1 minute ago, NE John said:

None of the other Cunard ships have cabins under the Comm Club so hard to tell. The Comm Club is pretty mellow so there’s not much noise to begin with. 

Thanks! So usually there is no loud music and dancing until late? 

38 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Music stops rather early. In my experience most often around midnight.

• Thanks 1

It’s a piano/soft music lounge and carpeted so little noise. 
The only negative of those cabins is that you are at the extreme forward of the ship and up high so you may feel more movement I rough waters. QA probably does not have the true ocean liner chops of QM2. I’ve done TA in PG forward deck 10 on QM2 and didn’t feel anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mareblu having only been on the QM2 on a TA, the grills terrace on QA looks way better than the rather poor offering on the QM2. Yes, I know one's a liner and one is a cruise ship ... and I guess given the North Atlantic deck space at the stern is more protected than on top...

The QA grills terrace looks pretty good - seems that only Grills have access to the two infinity pools?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NE John said:

It’s a piano/soft music lounge and carpeted so little noise. 
The only negative of those cabins is that you are at the extreme forward of the ship and up high so you may feel more movement I rough waters. QA probably does not have the true ocean liner chops of QM2. I’ve done TA in PG forward deck 10 on QM2 and didn’t feel anything. 

Nothing will have the chops of the QM2 (it has double the number of stabilisers for starters)

I can assure you you WILL be able to feel the sea on occasions on QM2 wherever you are - we were sliding around on chairs in the Queens Room one day in Oct 22. And that's low down and towards the stern which has less movement; Illuminations that day wasn't very nice...

43 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

@Mareblu having only been on the QM2 on a TA, the grills terrace on QA looks way better than the rather poor offering on the QM2. Yes, I know one's a liner and one is a cruise ship ... and I guess given the North Atlantic deck space at the stern is more protected than on top...

The QA grills terrace looks pretty good - seems that only Grills have access to the two infinity pools?

I’m not sure about access to the pools;  I haven’t explored that aspect.  I’ll let you know☺️

1 minute ago, Mareblu said:

I’m not sure about access to the pools;  I haven’t explored that aspect.  I’ll let you know☺️

They are on the Grills Terrace.  Looks a reasonably sized area. Haven't counted the number of grills cabins though...

image.png.0b4cba6ab72e096b6aa724ba5a6ca399.png

1 minute ago, buchanan101 said:

They are on the Grills Terrace.  Looks a reasonably sized area. Haven't counted the number of grills cabins though...

Thank you!  It does indeed seem a reasonable space overall.

6 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

There are 59 PG cabins alone on QA, therefore the least expensive way to gain entrance to the Grills Terrace. Source: Cruise Deck Plans

54 minutes ago, NE John said:

There are 59 PG cabins alone on QA, therefore the least expensive way to gain entrance to the Grills Terrace. Source: Cruise Deck Plans

Ok, still quite a small proportion of 3000 passengers (<4%) and presumably slightly fewer QG.  Good proportion of the deck space for 8% of the passengers. Part of what you pay for

Am travelling PG to the fjords

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

I think you'll find there are actually 127 Princess Grill cabins on QA. That's the count I get from various sources including Cruise Deck Plans and by manually counting them on the deck plans.

Several sites including Cruise Deck Plans list 59 Britannia Club cabins on QA, so that's were you might have seen that 59 cabin count. But I think that count for Britannia Club cabins is way off. My manual count from the deck plans comes up with a total of 164 Britannia Club cabins on QA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NE John said:

I think there are around fifty nine QG cabin on QA. might account for the seemingly less crowded restaurant.

All speculation to be sorted in the coming months. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all the above input on the # of cabins per category. My fat thumb was the culprit. 
Even though some sites seem out of date with Todd English restaurants still offered…

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I think there are around fifty nine QG cabin on QA. might account for the seemingly less crowded restaurant.

For what it's worth, I'm coming up with a total of 65 Queens Grill cabins of QA.

Q1 = 2

Q2 = 4

Q3 = 10

Q4 = 24

Q5 = 17

Q6 = 8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

For what it's worth, I'm coming up with a total of 65 Queens Grill cabins of QA.

Q1 = 2

Q2 = 4

Q3 = 10

Q4 = 24

Q5 = 17

Q6 = 8

Thx. I missed a couple 'forward'

We''ll stick with the middle!  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Q1 = 2

Q2 = 4

Q3 = 10

Q4 = 24

Q5 = 17

Q6 = 8

Thanks, Blue Leader.

On 3/20/2024 at 7:09 PM, Saab4444 said:

On QM2 it mostly seemed to be piano playing and there was no room for dancing

15 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

QG restaurant seems not much larger than half the size of PG which seems in proportion to number of cabins (65 to 127)

As for "crowding" I will wait and see as my only experience so far of Cunard has been the rather cosy QG restaurant on QM2. It was fine as we got on well with the two couples on the tables close on either side

image.png.5d2c347e855aa177feb9877d48ac24a8.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

'Smaller' would probably have been more appropriate rather than 'crowded' buchanan101 .I don't know which itinerary you're sailing but I hope that both you and I thoroughly enjoy the new ship.

To the fjords at end of June... 93 days away

In PG this time, not QG. Saved a couple of £k; less time spent in cabin v a QM2 crossing...

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 9:28 AM, Mareblu said:

Southampton local paper is reporting QA arrival as 1030 27th April at City Terminal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, sogne said:

Southampton local paper is reporting QA arrival as 1030 27th April at City Terminal.

Thank you for that exciting information.  We will still be aboard Oceania Vista in the Med on 27th, but we’re also counting the days to boarding Cunard Queen Anne on 24th May.  Such a privilege to join our fellow QA guests in witnessing and experiencing this iconic voyage.

1 hour ago, sogne said:

Thanks, @sogne. Here's a link to the article in the Daily Echo.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24205061.cunards-queen-anne-welcomed-southampton-flotilla/

This article also mentions an official blessing and plaque exchange ceremony to be held whilst Queen Anne is alongside the Mayflower Terminal on April 29th.

• Thanks 1

I hope Cunard is planning to have a live-stream of all these events to the other ships. I'll be on-board QE at the time and would love to be able to watch the arrival of Queen Anne into Southampton and the naming ceremony. They could televise it into the theatre.

Will they be having media on board for a soft launch in the week or two prior to taking on passengers?

• Like 1