Odd Question - Plastic Toy Gun

My husband takes shooting lessons and does small shooting competitions at the range. It is a serious hobby for him. (Can you feel my eyes roll?) He "practices" his aim at home in the house, with an empty gun obviously. Well, he came home today with a bright orange replica gun thinking he will practice in the cabin on our upcoming cruise. Now, I'm not asking for opinions or judgements of his activities, just if the orange plastic gun would even be allowed to be brought on the ship. 

6 minutes ago, land64shark said:

My husband takes shooting lessons and does small shooting competitions at the range. It is a serious hobby for him. (Can you feel my eyes roll?) He "practices" his aim at home in the house, with an empty gun obviously. Well, he came home today with a bright orange replica gun thinking he will practice in the cabin on our upcoming cruise. Now, I'm not asking for opinions or judgements of his activities, just if the orange plastic gun would even be allowed to be brought on the ship. 

Can he bring it through an airport security screening?

So after reading the prohibited items list, I'm gonna go ahead and say he can't bring it, even though it is obviously not real (bright orange plastic). This does not break my heart, Thank you

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, land64shark said:

So after reading the prohibited items list, I'm gonna go ahead and say he can't bring it, even though it is obviously not real (bright orange plastic). This does not break my heart, Thank you

As an avid shooter myself I agree with you. You would assume a bright orange plastic gun would be a toy, but now days with 3D printers I wouldn't be surprised if someone would figure out how to make a real one in orange. 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

while recently on the Enchanted for multiple cruises, on our first turn around day, embarkation was put on hold for about 2.5 hours because someone going thru security apparently had a lighter shaped like a gun. It was a mess....USCG and the police got involved.

• Like 2

Don't know if it is still there but the Royal and Regal and Majestic used to have a Bullseye Shooting Simulator. Very fun and popular simulated trap shooting. This would most likely interest him if they still have it. I don't know about the other ships in the Royal Class. It's not on any other Class I've sailed.

As I recall it was in a place on the ship that was not easily found. There was no charge for it.

The following items will not be allowed on board without a valid lawful reason:

• All firearms including non-firing weapons. An exception to this rule is law enforcement agents acting in an official capacity and certified armed security guards acting in an official capacity (with full permission of the ship’s Master).
  • All imitation or replica weapons including de-commissioned weapons, those not capable of being fired and realistic imitation/toy weapons.
  • Air/Pellet guns or any other variety of projectile firing weapon.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While fun to some extent, the Shooting Simulator on the Royal class ships is a poor excuse to be considered practice for any serious target shooter.

It was more fun to watch some of the people trying to hit anything. 

I'm not sure if it still exists on some the Royal class ships.