Departure shuttle-Apex to FLL

Folsomdoc

We are sailing Apex soon. Last time we disembarked at Fort Lauderdale getting our Uber was a scrum. Bought the Celebrity shuttle at a discount but it automatically designated 7:30 AM as the time. Our flight is not until 2 PM. Are there later shuttles, maybe 9? Can the retreat concierge help with this or is it a trip to guest services? Thanks!

There might be a later shuttle but it would only be an hour or so later.  Either way you will be at the airport for a long time, unfortunately. Any of the guest services staff on board can see what your options are for you.

On 3/14/2024 at 10:11 AM, jelayne said:

The Retreat Concierges can book or change your shuttle, no need to visit Guest Services. 

Agree. To the OP, be advised that many airlines will not let you check in until 3 hours ahead of time, and they mean exactly to the minute!  In fact, last cruise I saw a sign that one airline wouldn't check you in until 2 hrs before. (Obviously no international flights on that one). They make you wait outside the check in area where there is very little seating. Just FYI. Personally I would cancel the shuttle,  grab a taxi which has never been an issue for us, and stay onboard until you have to leave. 

• Like 1

I would enjoy my late flight and hang out on board as late as possible. Then take a taxi or Uber or Lyft. We had Uber delays on our last arrival but were trying to catch an early flight so things were magnified. FLL has been redone but still my least favorite place to hang out and have been where you are at and there are no easy work around. Maybe take an Uber to airport hotel Marriott/AC might be option and have a late breakfast/ early lunch and take their shuttle to airport. 

On 3/14/2024 at 10:03 AM, Folsomdoc said:

We are sailing Apex soon. Last time we disembarked at Fort Lauderdale getting our Uber was a scrum. Bought the Celebrity shuttle at a discount but it automatically designated 7:30 AM as the time. Our flight is not until 2 PM. Are there later shuttles, maybe 9? Can the retreat concierge help with this or is it a trip to guest services? Thanks!

The last departure for the bus was at 8:30 am.  However, we had to wait nearly an hour for a bus to return to pick us up. Mess.   I suggest using Luggage Valet and taking a taxi or Uber over to the airport when they throw you off the ship.    Then you will be able to go through airport security as you will not have any luggage to check.  A couple of weeks ago, you could not check in with luggage  until 4 hours before your flight.