Sun Princess Pools - Am I missing Something?

It appears from the pictures I have seen that there is no beach entry or built in steps with railing into any of the pools, only ladder type steps.  I can see steps into the wading area on the main pool, but not into the actual plunge area.  Is that correct or am I missing something?  

8 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

It appears from the pictures I have seen that there is no beach entry or built in steps with railing into any of the pools, only ladder type steps.  I can see steps into the wading area on the main pool, but not into the actual plunge area.  Is that correct or am I missing something?  

Only ladder type steps have been available on the last 4 Princess builds (Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess, Discovery Princess, Sun Princess). The occasional pool might be quite shallow and more manageable but the only place you will find graduated steps will be in the paid-for Thermal Spa.

24 minutes ago, dides said:

Only ladder type steps have been available on the last 4 Princess builds (Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess, Discovery Princess, Sun Princess). The occasional pool might be quite shallow and more manageable but the only place you will find graduated steps will be in the paid-for Thermal Spa.

wonder why?  steps with a rail are so much easier to enter the pool as we get older.  maybe that's it - Princess doesn't want us in the pool, huh

• Like 3

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

wonder why?  steps with a rail are so much easier to enter the pool as we get older.  maybe that's it - Princess doesn't want us in the pool, huh

It is impossible for either of us.  My wife has one leg that won't bend due to a stroke and I have neuropathy in my legs and feet.  We both enjoy pool time.  Not sure what the thought process was on these newer ships.  At least we have other options. 

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

It is impossible for either of us.  My wife has one leg that won't bend due to a stroke and I have neuropathy in my legs and feet.  We both enjoy pool time.  Not sure what the thought process was on these newer ships.  At least we have other options. 

Fortunately, they have lifts for those mobility challenged who can't do ladders.

Celebrity new builds are also only ladders, FWIW - Edge class.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I believe the last time I saw steps was on the Regal?

The Majestic Princess was the last Princess ship to have steps, see the Hollywood Pool pic below 

IMG_0091_zpsqx1zrebu.jpg

And this was the equivalent Retreat Pool on Sky Princess which started the new trend of no steps, only ladders:

image.thumb.png.05fbbe5c63fb0cb3288e161b191f6e8d.png

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dides said:

And this was the equivalent Retreat Pool on Sky Princess which started the new trend of no steps, only ladders:

image.thumb.png.05fbbe5c63fb0cb3288e161b191f6e8d.png

Is that a deep pool of can you stand on the bottom throughout?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Is that a deep pool of can you stand on the bottom throughout?

image.png.2a3fb1d2028322b9a3efc8ceb74b36e8.png

Should be okay standing throughout, highest level is 3ft 3in, lowest level is 1ft 8in

Edited by dides