Caribbean Princess - next to elevator

Anyone here been on Caribbean Pricess in a cabin which shares a wall with the elevator? Are the elevators noisey or quiet? I have been on ships under the lido and over the theater and really didn't hear much of anything. However I have never shared a wall with the elevator.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

What cabin number?  Off the top of my head elevators are usually in lobbies and don't share a wall with cabins.

Yes they do on every floor. It would be an inside cabin that backs up to the back of the elevator.

• Thanks 1

I was on the Emerald Princess for 14 days recently, in an inside cabin that was right behind the aft elevators. (The Emerald and Caribbean are almost identical in size)  I never felt/heard any elevator noise.  Once in the blue moon I'd hear the 'ding' announcing an arriving elevator, but that noise came in through the grill on my door, not through the wall.

What I will add however is that I heard much more engine noise than I've ever noticed previously, particularly as we'd be docking in the morning.  I'd be woken by what I assume was the thrusters.  But didn't stop me nodding off again!

10 hours ago, capriccio said:

What cabin number?  Off the top of my head elevators are usually in lobbies and don't share a wall with cabins.

B712 On the Princess website deck plans, looks like the elevator shares a wall with the cabin. There is a little box that say's "lift". 

1 hour ago, Raisinette said:

I was on the Emerald Princess for 14 days recently, in an inside cabin that was right behind the aft elevators. (The Emerald and Caribbean are almost identical in size)  I never felt/heard any elevator noise.  Once in the blue moon I'd hear the 'ding' announcing an arriving elevator, but that noise came in through the grill on my door, not through the wall.

What I will add however is that I heard much more engine noise than I've ever noticed previously, particularly as we'd be docking in the morning.  I'd be woken by what I assume was the thrusters.  But didn't stop me nodding off again!

Thanks for the info. I believe I've heard engine noises on every ship I've been on. Kind of get used to that.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:33 PM, startedwithamouse said:

We've been across from the elevators on Emerald Princess and the ding was LOUD

Thanks, crossing my fingers, not too loud. I suppose I could invest in ear plugs. 

We have been on many , many cruises and when we book a balcony , we always book right across from the aft elevator...Have never heard any noise at all on any of the ships.