Baltimore cruises

Baltimore Harbor has a low bridge with just 185 feet of clearance.  Most new large cruise ships exceed this height.

That said, I think a few NCL ships are below this height, but I could not find any authoritative information.

I know the Spirit is less than 161 feet, as we passed under the Sydney Harbor Bridge.  There was NOT much clearance.  Tough to judge, but my impression from standing on deck 13 was about 10 feet! 

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone considering sailing out of Baltimore - it's possible that isn't going to happen for a while.  If you haven't heard, a cargo ship struck the Francis Scott Key bridge and the bridge totally collapsed into the water.  I have heard that Carnival has already changed Baltimore embarkations to Norfolk, VA.   Likely other cruise lines will quickly follow.  Check with your cruise line for specific information.

44 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

Everyone considering sailing out of Baltimore - it's possible that isn't going to happen for a while.  If you haven't heard, a cargo ship struck the Francis Scott Key bridge and the bridge totally collapsed into the water.  I have heard that Carnival has already changed Baltimore embarkations to Norfolk, VA.   Likely other cruise lines will quickly follow.  Check with your cruise line for specific information.

The harbor will be opened long before NCL Sky will call there.