Hyatt Place, Ft.L- shuttle to Port?

They have a paid shuttle run by a third party.  I think it costs around $9 pp but not certain.  Cost for a taxi about the same (for 2 people).  Shuttle is easier IMO (have had taxis not show up) but take longer as multiple stops involved most times.

Just at Hyatt Place March 3rd. I saw the sign up list in the lobby and it's $9.00 pp paid to the driver. You must sign up for the shuttle there. Runs at 10, 11, noon and 1.

Posted (edited)

Uber would probably be easiest and cheapest. There are always a herd of them circling around 17th St waiting for calls on embarkation mornings, we've never waited more a a minute or two while watching the driver approach our hotel. No sitting in a crowded van while the driver visits all the terminals before dropping you off because yours was his last stop ;o)

Edited by lx200gps
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Just at Hyatt Place March 3rd. I saw the sign up list in the lobby and it's $9.00 pp paid to the driver. You must sign up for the shuttle there. Runs at 10, 11, noon and 1.

👍👍

Taxi or Uber will probably cost less than the per person charge for the shuttle. Plus if you book the shuttle, they have a specific time to get picked up but I prefer to go whenever I’m ready and the shuttle is filled with other people stopping at different terminals.

• Thanks 1

The shuttle is just easier. Show up at your time slot and away you go. Taxi are a pain in Ft.Lauderdale, they are always trying to overcharge people. Is a few $$$$ really worth the hassle to go 2 miles. I have been to this hotel over 8 times in the past 10 years and have seen people standing  around waiting for a taxi that never comes. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 1:10 PM, nhraformula00 said:

The shuttle is just easier. Show up at your time slot and away you go. Taxi are a pain in Ft.Lauderdale, they are always trying to overcharge people. Is a few $$$$ really worth the hassle to go 2 miles. I have been to this hotel over 8 times in the past 10 years and have seen people standing  around waiting for a taxi that never comes. 

Happened to us - taxi never showed.  Too short a trip is my guess.

On 3/23/2024 at 11:20 PM, ballonewb said:

Just get a rideshare. Taxis are hard to find now due to rideahare.  

don’t take a shuttle. You stop at multiple ports and it’s always more expensive 

like, how MUCH more expensive? couple of bucks?? more?

I'm assuming the shuttle will cost $20?(for 2, with a little tip?)

what will a taxi cost?

🙂🤓🙂

46 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

like, how MUCH more expensive? couple of bucks?? more?

I'm assuming the shuttle will cost $20?(for 2, with a little tip?)

what will a taxi cost?

🙂🤓🙂

Uber will cost 12-15 with a direct ride to the terminal.  Shuttles wait till they are full and stop at multiple piers dropping off. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ballonewb said:

Uber will cost 12-15 with a direct ride to the terminal.  Shuttles wait till they are full and stop at multiple piers dropping off. 

👍👍

On 3/21/2024 at 2:10 PM, nhraformula00 said:

But the uber option also sounds like a winner, with no others to worry about..

Last time we left H.P. walked down 10 min before boarding, got on shuttle at 11.00 went straight to our ship. was at the port in 10 min. They have multiple shuttles for ships at this location. No standing around waiting for an uber just to save $5. To each his own.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well I went for it, booked via VT 

Normally booking 8 months away and before cruises' final payment are not my jam.

But the savings were way too good to pass up.

Plus if I read correctly, room is able to be canceled up to 48hrs before arrive:)

Thank you ALL for the advice 🙂 

POSTED ON WRONG THREAD SORRY, SENIOR MOMENT 

Edited by newcruzer2

Shuttle to the port is $9 PP sign up night before. 10.11.12.1  Airport to the hotel is Avanti 954-655-1376. Call when you have your luggage and he will be there in 10-12 min. $8 PP I was quoted for 2. Might be less PP for more I am not sure you can call and ask. Do not use a Cab they have gotten really bad at trying to overcharge.